Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:04 am

Hi again everyone.
Tiny update to the plugin:
plugin changelog 9/28/14
  • Fixed a bug where upon resuming an animation, playback would skip forward the amount of time it had been paused.
  • Added set opacity action.

I'm looking back through the pages, and I remembered there being more bugs to fix, but I'm not finding all of them. If you're having any issues with the plugin, please reply in this thread again. I will be fixing any critical bugs over the next few days ASAP. I will start getting all the pro-features into the plugin upon full release of B11 which should be sometime this week.

@PSI, sorry to make you do this again, but please send me an email with your latest capx, and a list of all the issues you're still experiencing. I know the one with not being able to set opacity on individual body parts. I'm not sure if the new set opacity action will fit your needs for your game or not. There was another issue with an animation playing back differently (or broken) in C2 that was working correctly in Spriter? Please also send the latest zipped Spriter project, so I can see the difference in animation, and please also list any bugs I missed listing just now in an email. Thanks again for your patience.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:33 pm

@lucid
Talking about the Sprite not the plugin. I'll make a small video to show what I'm doing and a written comment about what I thought it shuold do. That way you can let me know what I'm doing wrong :D rather than me stumbling over written words :P
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:49 pm

I think I know what you mean @jayderyu.
Each individual sprite that makes up your character has the pivot point forced at 0,0, and now if you change the sprite's pivot point in the layout, at runtime that sprite is offset in the animation. Ashley and I decided to have the plugin do pivot point calculations because C2 doesn't allow changing of pivots at runtime, but Spriter's format does.

I can make the plugin compensate for pivot points altered after import. I think I have a solution that doesn't involve any extra calculations, but there's a few other plugin features and Spriter features I'm working on first. So it's on the todo list.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:32 pm

@lucid - no problem! I think you fellas are doing an excellent job. I tried the set opacity action on both individual sprites and spriter families and neither worked. I tried them with a single trigger and set every tick conditions and neither worked. Out of curiosity, I also tried the set invisible action in both ways mentioned above and neither worked. Other than these, the only ongoing issue I'm aware of experiencing right now is the distortion of the mutant zombie attack animation - his arm flies off when he punches. This does't show up in spriter. Also, I know I've mentioned this before but if you could make it so that effects could be applied to entire spriter animations through the spriter object, I'd be able to do everything I need to do in my game. Once again, thanks to you and Mike for your hard work. I'm so glad I discovered C2 and spriter. I am sending a link to my latest capx.
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:30 am

@lucid - To be clear, I meant that I tried these things with opacity and visibility after installing the latest plugin.
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:24 am

Personally I hate animation and everything to do with it. Rigging, Onion Skinning, etc etc it's probably based on my traumatic experiences working with Flash back 2002... but anyway, this app has actually been a breeze to use. I watched the Getting Started tutorial from brashmonkey.com and now I am using Spriter on the daily!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:21 am

@lucid - hi Lucid, i have one question, its possible to pick instances comparing by entity? i see compare current animation.

tx!
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:56 pm

Anyone else having trouble downloading the beta? Its only 12mb but it time outs before download is complete. Much like C2 used to do long ago.
Tried 4 times now and it has happened every single time. Download is also slow 12mb file 2 min. So must be a server issue, because I have a 10mb/s connection and it should be a couple sec at most.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:02 pm

@DUTOIT, in the meantime, you can download it here: http://www.brashmonkey.com/download_spriter.htm
And the key you got from the Scirra Store will work.

@6bruno6, no but I will add that to the plugin soon.

@Tekniko, thank you very much!

@PSI, thanks, I will get back to you soon.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:08 pm

lucid wrote:@DUTOIT, in the meantime, you can download it here: http://www.brashmonkey.com/download_spriter.htm
And the key you got from the Scirra Store will work.

Lol, that is where I'm downloading it... I brought it from your site a couple months ago.
I just increased my line speed (I throttle it to make it more stable) and it managed to get 12mb. Albiet slow to download (1 whole min for 12mb) it didn't timeout. Looks like download timeout is around 120sec. I don't know.
Anyways, I got it now thanks ;)
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General