Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:16 pm

@psi - we have a full plate at the moment with the upcoming 1.0 release, and a few other business related matters, but it's on the todo list.

@humanescape:
Spriter Pro $59
Basic Platformer Art Packs $75
Adventure Platformer Art Packs $75
Effects Art Packs $40
Spriter Dev
B
87
S
21
G
12
Posts: 3,240
Reputation: 16,461

Post » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:29 am

@lucid - understood, thanks.
Image
B
20
S
4
Posts: 382
Reputation: 2,874

Post » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:08 pm

@lucid and BrashMonkey Team

Thank you for the Run N' Gun Platformer Pack, It was right what I needed :D. Initially I wanted to wait for sub-entities to be available in the c2 plugin (to make the player aim in the direction he is shooting).

I am working at a Megaman-type game and I am wondering if is a good idea to make all enemies in Spriter (performance related) ? ... What Spriter uses more ? CPU or GPU ?
B
44
S
15
G
6
Posts: 481
Reputation: 6,967

Post » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:06 am

Just picked up a license. Looking forward to using this on my next project! :)
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
43
S
10
G
10
Posts: 1,106
Reputation: 9,147

Post » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:49 pm

New Run'n'Gun Platformer Art Pack available now. (Learn More)
It can be purchased on the Scirra Store and at BrashMonkey.com.


Image Image Image Image

All Spriter Pro owners get the Essentials version of the Art Pack (and all first party Art Packs) for free. If you purchased from the Scirra Store, you can retrieve your download under your Spriter Pro download versions. If you purchased directly from BrashMonkey's site you should have received an email with a download link.





TGeorgeMihai wrote:@lucid and BrashMonkey Team

Thank you for the Run N' Gun Platformer Pack, It was right what I needed :D. Initially I wanted to wait for sub-entities to be available in the c2 plugin (to make the player aim in the direction he is shooting).

I am working at a Megaman-type game and I am wondering if is a good idea to make all enemies in Spriter (performance related) ? ... What Spriter uses more ? CPU or GPU ?

It depends on the size of the textures, but it will usually be more CPU. Using modular animation usually frees up a ton of VRAM for your GPU.

TiAm wrote:Just picked up a license. Looking forward to using this on my next project! :)

Thank you very much!
Spriter Dev
B
87
S
21
G
12
Posts: 3,240
Reputation: 16,461

Post » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi!

Spriter seems to be a powerfu tool!

I have some questions before I buy:
- Is it full compatible with an iOS/Android native publishing?
- Is there any issue with preformances on iOS/Android native games?

Thank you!
B
6
Posts: 9
Reputation: 268

Post » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:41 pm

MagicFred wrote:Hi!

Spriter seems to be a powerfu tool!

I have some questions before I buy:
- Is it full compatible with an iOS/Android native publishing?
- Is there any issue with preformances on iOS/Android native games?

Thank you!

Hi @MagicFred. I haven't had a chance to test on the latest exports recently. Here's a simple capx with an idle animation. You'll need the scml plugin (linked in my signature). Please let me know if you run into any issues with the export.

As far as performance issues, I have also not had the chance to run any performance benchmarks, but I am aware of users creating commercial games with the scml plugin exported with cocoonjs.
Spriter Dev
B
87
S
21
G
12
Posts: 3,240
Reputation: 16,461

Post » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Oops, you "basictest.capx" is saved with a Construct 2 186.2 version and I can't open it.
The latest version available here is 184... :/

If anyone has the chance to test Spriter system for an iOS native game, let me know :)
B
6
Posts: 9
Reputation: 268

Post » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:23 pm

MagicFred wrote:Oops, you "basictest.capx" is saved with a Construct 2 186.2 version and I can't open it.
The latest version available here is 184... :/

If anyone has the chance to test Spriter system for an iOS native game, let me know :)

Here is a version saved from 184
Spriter Dev
B
87
S
21
G
12
Posts: 3,240
Reputation: 16,461

Post » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:08 pm

Bought the bundle at Scirre Store, but there was a problem with credit card payment...
B
10
S
2
Posts: 69
Reputation: 1,032

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: randomly and 10 guests