Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:10 pm

lucid wrote:Plugin changelog 11/3/14
  • Fixed a bug where under certain circumstances the scml object could get stuck in z-order
  • Fixed a bug where projects with sound would not load at runtime

Thank you for responding so quickly! This fixed it. Sidenote: I believe you intended to have 11/24/14 in place of 11/3, I think 11/3 was the last change. Thanks again for responding so fast!!!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:12 pm

@Lucid

The sound playback rate? There isn't a sound playback rate option in Spriter or the C2 plugin, I'm not sure what you mean.

I was talking about the official C2 audio object. Since I added the spiter plugin I seem to be having issues with sound being played using the audio object but mystery solved I changed my preview platform to IE when I normally use chrome. DOH!

In the plugin? You say now, did they not before?

Before I added the spriter plugin and imported my spriter files all audio was working correctly, but as I said above it was the preview platform.

The sprite origin should be set to where you want the origin from Spriter to appear(the crosshair in the canvas in Spriter)

Sure but in your video you create the GreyGuy stood on the origin. IIRC you then set the spriter object to the x and Y of the player sprite. Which should make it look the GreyGuy is floating above the ground, but for some reason in your video he appears correctly. So I assume you changed the origin in the player sprite before recording the video? That maybe confusing to some users at first when learning from the tutorials.

Thank you, fixed.

No problem.

I'm not sure what you mean. The scml plugin shouldn't affect you getting the proper origin from the component sprites.

So what i had created was an aim animation. Gun pointing to ground. Then straight ahead. Then pointing directly up. Then I get the angle between the robot and player and set the current time as a ratio in the aim animation so that I could point the gun at the player. I then told the gun to spawn a bullet every tick. The bullet is a sprite using the bullet behavior, which is set to the same angle.

Despite the gun being in the right place and the bullet moving at the right angle the bullet was spawning at the origin from the first frame of the animation.

To fix it I set another sprite to the guns x and y every tick. Then spawned the bullet from the new object.

I'm not sure if that was C2 issue or a Spriter issue, but I thought I would mention it none the less.

Make sure your events to set the sprite to a position are somewhere where they will be fired upon the layout restarted. If you'd like, you can send a capx to lucid@brashmonkey.com explaining how to quickly reproduce the problem.

I have not investigated it fully yet, but since I was listing stuff I thought I would just include it. I'll take a look tomorrow and if it is truely a Spriter issue I'll send you an e-mail.

If you mean move the origin within Spriter, you can do this by holding the 'm' key and clicking and dragging the background. There will be a more obvious way to do this in the ui in a future version.

Awesome.

Pressing 'z' lets you select all of a bones children. The pro-version lets you right click and hide selected items.

Awesome again.

if you select items, and hold control and then click to make a change (like click to drag to a new position, click to begin an angle change or ik chain movement, etc) it will create a clone of the objects and apply to the new objects instead. Due to the complexity of all the parenting operations involved in the cloning it may take a moment or two before the clone takes effect. We will optimize this in future versions.

Awesome thrice in a row.
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:34 pm

@Lucid

Make sure your events to set the sprite to a position are somewhere where they will be fired upon the layout restarted. If you'd like, you can send a capx to lucid@brashmonkey.com explaining how to quickly reproduce the problem.

I have not investigated it fully yet, but since I was listing stuff I thought I would just include it. I'll take a look tomorrow and if it is truely a Spriter issue I'll send you an e-mail.

Ok, I kind of know the problem. The sprite that I attach the spriter object to has a physics behavior on it. So should fall to the floor like it does the first time I run it. When I restart the layout it just ignores the physics behavior and walks in thin air (checks if walking animation is playing and adds or subtracts depending on the walk direction). So it basically wasn't resetting the animation that is specified in the spriter object. So to fix it I had to set it to use the correct animation on the start of the layout.
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:55 pm

thanks @mattcusprime and @TheWyrm
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:45 am

@lucid

found a bug in spriter R1

The option "Save resized project" is broken. The image and the bones are not scaled properly. Example try to scale it down to 0.25

One of the sprite does not scale down. Example I have mouth1 and mouth2 image. Mouth2 seems like it does not scale down.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:56 am

Hi tumira,
As Mike said in the BrashMonkey forums, I believe you may have saved the resized project and it's resized images over your previous images, as the save as resized project feature currently overwrites images already present. If you did and you lost any work, I apologize.

In response to this we've added a feature that prevents you from saving in the project folder or any of it's subfolders at all, and also confirms any individual image overwrites wherever you save. This will be in the r2 which will be released within the next week.

If you don't think this was the issue, and you can reproduce the issue saving to a separate directory, please let me know.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:28 am

@lucid

The option does replaced my images. But I have backup. The problem that I had is that if I resized the project and some of the images that are really2 small size, it wont scale down the images. So what I did is that I just open it in paint and scale it down manually.

But if I resized a group of the vector images in Inkscape(Transform->Scale), the same vector image also left out. So maybe because it is too small or something.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:29 am

Does this work on crosswalk export?
Krish
Hey! Did you know that you can hire me to make your games?

Click Here to See More
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:31 pm

A question that has been bugging me a while. Is there a way to relate/unrelate the sprites by events?

The intent is to be able to "unparent" the objects to spriter and be able to apply events to the individual sprites. Ej: body parts exploding with physics, activating a ragdoll mode. Then be able to reset the sprites as a character again.

I'm interested in exploring ragdoll and not sure if unrelating the objects to spriter is the only way. Can it be done with the sprites already attached using the spriter data? (And not having to set up my own image points)
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:24 pm

tumira wrote:@lucid

The option does replaced my images. But I have backup. The problem that I had is that if I resized the project and some of the images that are really2 small size, it wont scale down the images. So what I did is that I just open it in paint and scale it down manually.

But if I resized a group of the vector images in Inkscape(Transform->Scale), the same vector image also left out. So maybe because it is too small or something.

So it's not resizing the image, even if you save to a separate file? If you want to send me the files that won't resize to lucid@brashmonkey.com

krish wrote:Does this work on crosswalk export?

It should work on anything that can load json, though we haven't had a chance to test all exports. You can try with the plugin and the example file available in my signature and the original post of this thread. Please let me know if it works. If not, I'll take a look and I can probably fix it.

kraed wrote:A question that has been bugging me a while. Is there a way to relate/unrelate the sprites by events?

The intent is to be able to "unparent" the objects to spriter and be able to apply events to the individual sprites.

Not yet, but I do plan to add a feature to the plugin to do exactly that. I can't give an ETA on that just yet, as we have quite a bit to take care of in the short term related to Spriter 1.0's release, and documentation.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General