Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:19 pm

@lucid - A while back you mentioned that there still needed to be some work done between you and @Ashley to get spriter working better with construct, something about developing a better importer or something along those lines? Has that been achieved yet? or is there still work to be done.

What currently works/doesnt work with spriter in construct?

thanks
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:34 pm

justifun, currently:
works: animation, collision boxes, action points, sound effect triggering, character maps, variables, events

doesn't work yet: sub-entities

Aside from that there's general improvements to the plugin for optimization and additional features, but it supports all Spriter features aside from sub-entities.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:50 pm

I gave spriter a go again, followed the instructions from the video and i'm getting a javascript error when first starting the game.

Its a brand new scene with the greyguy example file .scml file being imported.

Javascript Error!
Uncaught Syntax Error: Unexpted token <
line 1 (col 1)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:28 am

@lucid: i think my images was too small, because this i get this artifacts, special when i rotated something. It also seems to be a display problem, when you use colors with big contrast differences (like black/white) and the sprites move too fast.

@justifun: You changed the scml file on the spriter object to .scon? Maybe this gives the error.
B
S

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:29 am

@chupup games - yeah i tried both, same error
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:49 am

hm, this is strange. I tried some days ago with the greyguy, too and everything worked fine.
B
S

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:10 pm

What are the possibilities of an adobe after effects implementation? Currently planning a short film on Construct 2 but Spriter would be the perfect tool to have around AE.
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:32 pm

justifun wrote:I gave spriter a go again, followed the instructions from the video and i'm getting a javascript error when first starting the game.

Its a brand new scene with the greyguy example file .scml file being imported.

Javascript Error!
Uncaught Syntax Error: Unexpted token <
line 1 (col 1)

Which video? The tutorial from my signature?
If you just drop the scml file into the layout, does C2 ask you where to import it, and create events (an 'On Initialized' event, with several actions)?

kraed wrote:What are the possibilities of an adobe after effects implementation? Currently planning a short film on Construct 2 but Spriter would be the perfect tool to have around AE.
The reference implementation I'm working on will be the basis to expand to as many languages, platforms, tools, etc, as possible. After the reference implementation is complete I'll be focusing a significant portion of my time toward providing tools and support to developers working on porting the implementation. So it's definitely in the realm of possibility, but I wouldn't venture an ETA just yet.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:58 pm

I can't get this import working on my own Spriter files. It seems to mostly work except no image files are imported into the Construct 2 spriter folder (and no error messages - at least in the UI).

It DOES work for me with the GreyGuy example file as long as I don't RESAVE it. if I save out GreyGuy sample in Spriter again and just change the filename (e.g. Player2.scml + Player2.scon) it fails just like mine do.

So the old beta 8 file in the GreyGuy zip seems OK but not when saved in current version. Anyone getting that problem? Can anyone confirm this is working on the latest version of Spriter and Construct? I am on Spriter version R2 and Construct 195 stable. I will try faffing with some other versions to see if this makes a difference.

Thanks.

Michael
B

Post » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:32 pm

Hi @mdgunn. It sounds like you don't have the custom save options required for C2 projects. You only have to set this once, but open up the 'File|Other File Actions...|Custom Save Options' dialog, and check all three boxes under 'Additional Data for Authoring Tools':

After that, just make sure you have both an scml and a scon version of your project saved. (just save twice, and choose 'scml' the first time, and 'scon' the second time for the file types.

We will streamline this process in future versions, and there is a detailed tutorial on how to use the C2 plugin linked in my signature.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General