Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:47 pm

@lucid - could you give a brief example of how to use randomized character maps to create variety in spawned enemies or is there already a tutorial?
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:47 pm

Apologies if this has been posted before regarding the c2 plugin...

When my character's animation is not looping, if it has finished and the animation is set to blend to the start of a different animation then the blend feature does not work - the 2nd animation just starts without any blending. I can work around it by making extra looping animations but it would be great if the plugin allowed blending from a finished non-looping animation. Let me know if you need a demo and I'll put one together - thanks!
...busy learning Unity - real lights etc!
(but c2 is easily the quickest way to make 2d html5 games)!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:03 pm

PSI wrote:@lucid - could you give a brief example of how to use randomized character maps to create variety in spawned enemies or is there already a tutorial?

@PSI, the new implementation will enable me to eventually make this process much more simple, but the way I would do it now is:
  • Create many character maps for different body parts. This could be clothing, separated down into character maps for alternate tops, and bottoms, and if you want to go even further, skin, eyes, additional layers of armour, etc. It's best to name them according to category. For example : top_redShirt, top_blackTunic, hand_bare, hand_glove, etc.
  • In C2, make arrays for the different parts and their names. For instance, an array called 'topArray' that contains the strings "top_redShirt" and "top_blackTunic", and another array called 'handArray', containing those names
  • On Object Creation (or whenever you want the randomness to occur)
    Append Character Map (topArray.at(floor(random(0,topArray.width))).
    This is just saying to choose a random index in the array, and apply the character map with that name.
  • Repeat this for as many categories as you created.

Colludium wrote:Apologies if this has been posted before regarding the c2 plugin...

When my character's animation is not looping, if it has finished and the animation is set to blend to the start of a different animation then the blend feature does not work - the 2nd animation just starts without any blending. I can work around it by making extra looping animations but it would be great if the plugin allowed blending from a finished non-looping animation. Let me know if you need a demo and I'll put one together - thanks!

@Colludium, this will be fixed with the updated implementation as well.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:24 pm

:) x 1000
...busy learning Unity - real lights etc!
(but c2 is easily the quickest way to make 2d html5 games)!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:05 pm

@lucid - thank you. :D
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:04 pm

Did anyone else using both Spriter and Construct 2 have problems where the animations timing from Spriter don't match up with animation timing from Construct 2?
I am using the Steam version btw.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:20 am

Anyway, here's an update on my issue.
It seems that Spriter animations also have an issue to match miliseconds timing with other Spriter animations in Construct 2.
Despite the timing match each other inside Spriter, they break off when imported into Construct 2.
Basically some of the time, their timing match each other.
Most of the times, one of the animations will play a bit later, therefore break the timing, making the overall animation wonky.
I will try again to see if I make any mistake inside Spriter itself to generate such errors.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:40 am

After deleting and recreating new Spriter animations and then importing it to Construct 2, the mistiming problem seem to lessen.
There are one of two frames in a hundredth of a second, where the timing between both is not correct, otherwise it's perfect now.
Only test it four times but it seems okay now so I am satisfied for the moment.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:28 am

Hi Seth,

I'm guessing this is an obvious issue for you because you are combining two separate Spriter objects to create one character? (For example, upper body and legs for a run-n-gun game where the player can run while aiming in any direction)

Have you provided your capx file to Lucid? ( lucid@brashmonkey.com ) This might be very useful for him to quickly assess the issue and come to a solution.

Cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:22 am

Brashmonkey wrote:Hi Seth,

I'm guessing this is an obvious issue for you because you are combining two separate Spriter objects to create one character? (For example, upper body and legs for a run-n-gun game where the player can run while aiming in any direction)

Have you provided your capx file to Lucid? ( lucid@brashmonkey.com ) This might be very useful for him to quickly assess the issue and come to a solution.

Cheers,
Mike at BrashMonkey

Yeah, I am combining two different Spriter objects (One for the characters animations and another for the weapons animations) so timing is pretty much important.
I will try to send the capx, scml, scon and the project files to your email as soon I got things ready.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General