Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:09 pm

lucid wrote:@volkiller730, one more thing is to try the example project in my signature just to make sure there isn't something about the save file in particular that's causing it not to work. I don't think this is likely though, because it should still at least ask you if you want to import, and then fail on the import.

yeah ive tried the sample projects and some of the spriter files ive already used. The problem is i cant get that far when dragging in my curser changes to a error curser(http://i.imgur.com/Rptb2IP.png) it's aright i think its probably some file permission issue or something because windows 10 thanks for trying to help ive just manually added in the files i needed since it was only one spriter project it wasn't that big of a deal
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:40 pm

Toroquin wrote:
josiascaignard wrote:@Lucid I can't seem to figure how to make the sound events work in C2, I did the same as you did in your image.

lucid wrote:@josiascaignard if possible could you send me the non-sound playing capx at lucid@brashmonkey.com, so I can take a look, I should be able to see if it's a bug or help you out if it was a missing step.

I think i found the issue. ExampleScml.triggeredSound returns the full path of the sound (for example "Sounds/ExampleSound"), but folder is already specified in the play-by-name function (Folder: Sounds/Music). Construct will therefore look for "Sounds/Sounds/ExampleSound" instead of "Sounds/ExampleSound".
What worked for me was to use ExampleScml.triggeredSoundTag as the audio file name, as this instead only returns "ExampleSound" and the final destination will be "Sounds/ExampleSound".

it was what Toroquin said.
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:40 am

I think there may be a bug related to character maps. 2 things generally happen off and on.

1) a character map appends correctly, but then when I go to a new layout, all are removed.
2) a character map actually just changes the animation
3) a character map does nothing

If you want I can send capx examples, would appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Matt
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:42 am

@lucid

Audio triggered and Event triggered only triggered once for whole time. I need to reload and refresh my project to see it working again.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:07 am

Hi everyone. Thanks for the bug reports. I will be looking into all of them. Unfortunately, I probably won't have a chance until after the weekend as I'm tied up with a few things on the Spriter end of things. Thank you for your patience.

@mattcusprime, please send me the relevant files, thank you.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:37 pm

lucid wrote:Hi everyone. Thanks for the bug reports. I will be looking into all of them. Unfortunately, I probably won't have a chance until after the weekend as I'm tied up with a few things on the Spriter end of things. Thank you for your patience.

@mattcusprime, please send me the relevant files, thank you.

@lucid Sorry I just saw this, i will pair it down to just what I'm seeing and try and send a clean/comprehensive summary. I gotta triple check it is a bug one more time...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:10 am

@lucid

R4 has been released but it stills has the "Audio triggered" and "Event triggered" only triggered once for whole time bug. I sent you an email with example capx and spriter files already. Hope this can be fix soon.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:37 pm

Hi everyone. Thanks for your patience.

ChangeLog: 4/25/2015 (Download Here)
  • Fixed a bug where Sounds in the sub-folders of a Spriter project wouldn't get triggered by the plugin.
  • Fixed issue where events and sounds wouldn't be triggered after restarting or returning to a layout.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:47 pm

@lucid - I made a collision rectangle in one of my Spriter animations. When I destroy the collision rectangle on overlap, it actually seems to destroy all of my sprites and the spriter object for the character that includes it.
B
S

Post » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:03 pm

It also seems that it isn't disabling collisions as I am instructing it too after it overlaps the target sprite.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General