Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:27 pm

Guys i simple try to import .. and it does impor ok.. but when i run the layou it show no animation at all.
I already saved with all the options on.. the object is on my layout.
I have all the on initialized loaded.. but nothing is displayed.
does anyone know what might be heapening?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:55 am

volkiller730 wrote:
lucid wrote:@volkiller730, I just tried it with C2 201 and it worked. The import process that should occur is fully on C2 side, so the first things I would check, is to try C2 using the default theme if you're not already using it, or to reinstall C2. Please let me know if either of these helps or not.

sounds good thanks for the help i tried the default theme but haven't tried reinstalling C2. Il try that now if it doesn't work It's probably just something conflicting with it on my pc if that doesn't work As im using windows 10 and it does sometimes have little issues with strange things. ether way i just manually imported and set everything up and got it working that way

I am also running Windows 10 (build 10061) and cannot drag and drop Spriter files. Is there a work around for importing Spriter files? Thank you!
B
S

Post » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:13 pm

@Exile03330 i just manually imported the spriter file, images and put them in a container together and made the initialize events
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:34 pm

@volkiller730 Thanks! I will give that a try.

Edit: I just updated to build 10074 and now I can drag and drop again :D .
B
S

Post » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:05 pm

when can the plugin support deformation?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:42 pm

PSI wrote:@lucid - I made a collision rectangle in one of my Spriter animations. When I destroy the collision rectangle on overlap, it actually seems to destroy all of my sprites and the spriter object for the character that includes it.

All the objects are imported into a container for convenience. If you remove them from the container it will make it so they don't automatically destroy other body parts, though the plugin will expect them to exist. The best thing to do would be to disable collisions and visibility, though:

PSI wrote:It also seems that it isn't disabling collisions as I am instructing it too after it overlaps the target sprite.

This is probably because the plugin is managing visibility and collisions. I will update the plugin at some point to ask it to pause things like this.

igalencar wrote:Guys i simple try to import .. and it does impor ok.. but when i run the layou it show no animation at all.
I already saved with all the options on.. the object is on my layout.
I have all the on initialized loaded.. but nothing is displayed.
does anyone know what might be heapening?

Did you save to 'scon' and 'scml'? If so, please send me the zipped Spriter project folder and I can take a look for you, though I will be away for the weekend, so I probably won't be able to get to it until Monday.

Exile03330 wrote:@volkiller730 Thanks! I will give that a try.

Edit: I just updated to build 10074 and now I can drag and drop again :D .

Glad you got it working.

winsonzhong wrote:when can the plugin support deformation?

No ETA on that yet, though it will definitely be after it's made into a full-feature on Spriter itself. The finished deformation feature will be alot more powerful and intuitive than the experimental version that's in the program now.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:19 pm

Hi @lucid,

I have an observation and a request for help or an update to the c2 plugin, if I may.

I have an animation problem and I'm not sure if a solution can be achieved. Here's the scenario: my player has a "squat" animation that runs when the down control is selected. On release of the down control, the "squat" animation blends well to the "idle" animation using the plugin controls. However, a problem arises if I try to blend to a "run" animation (the player presses the left or right button) while the "squat" - "idle" blend is playing. In that case, the plugin commands the animation to blend to a "run" animation but it disregards the animation's current bone positions - instead it resets and starts the new blend from the "squat" animation instead. Is this intentional and can it be worked around without forcing the player to wait (the admittedly short time, in this particular case) until the blend has finished?

The appearance is ugly and looks like a glitch. I'm going to have a play around and see if there's a neat way of working around this. If I cannot find a solution, can I request that the plugin adds a feature to allow new blends to start blending from the current position of the player's bones? I'll cope if there's no fix, but this is my ideal. I hope this makes sense - here's a gif of what I mean, showing a good blend between squat-idle and then an interrupted blend...

Thanks.
...busy learning Unity - real lights etc!
(but c2 is easily the quickest way to make 2d html5 games)!
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 01, 2015 12:15 am

For that instance I think it'd be best if you created an onFinish case for input, so the player can't run whilst transitioning from crouch.

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, but dynamic interpolation between the actual tweens of separate animation sounds intensive.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 01, 2015 12:26 am

Hi @Colludium. I would either wait for the end of the crouch, or make the crouch to stand transition an actual animation. In a future build of the plugin, this will be updated so you can blend from mid-blend.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 01, 2015 1:31 am

@lucid and @Elliott - thank you both for your quick responses! I understand that I was asking for the moon on a stick. So, I think I'll go for a crouch-stand animation, just in case the player wants to start running before it's finished.

This plugin and the Spriter program are awesome, by the way. I would be lost without it... Cheers.

Edit to add that it took me a whole 10 mins to change this aspect of the animations and it now works a treat. Thank you - I can only apologize for my lack of imagination....
...busy learning Unity - real lights etc!
(but c2 is easily the quickest way to make 2d html5 games)!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General