Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:03 pm

@Elliot, that type of thing will eventually be in there. As Mike said, though, I'm a bit behind on a few things, so I don't want to venture a guess of when that will be possible just yet.

9/22/2015
  • Fixed a bug where in certain situations animated variables would return the incorrect value.
Spriter Dev
B
88
S
21
G
12
Posts: 3,240
Reputation: 16,486

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:14 pm

I am working on a way to get my Spriter characters Eyes to rotate based on the Mouse location.

The way I've done it is I've created 2 action points in Spriter over the eyes and spawned non-spriter "Eye" objects in both of the action points. Then I've pinned the 2 Eye objects onto the character in the location of the action points.

The issue: it seems like the position of the Eyes lags a bit behind the characters movements.. (the position doesn't stay locked as the player moves) in addition to that the Z-Order seems to be an issue, as I can only place the Eyes above the entire character, or below the entire character (the Eyes need to be in-between - behind the helmet but above the face)... so I was wondering if there was a better way?

Also I am not sure if this is an issue with Spriter or not but adjusting the Z-Order of any non-spriter objects in-between my Spriter objects "sub-"objects doesn't seem to work.

Any help is always appreciated. Thanks.
B
42
S
15
G
6
Posts: 65
Reputation: 5,811

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:21 pm

I'm a bit behind - what is the reference implementation?

Love the work by the way, Spriter is next to C2 in terms of value for money.
B
49
S
14
G
3
Posts: 540
Reputation: 5,611

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi Badmircale,

I assume you're using "every tick" to set the object to the points in the Spriter object? If you are and there's a lag, the only other thing I can think of trying is to actually go in and add points to the frames for the C2 sprites that the Spriter object uses for the eyes, then try using an "every tick" event and see if that works any better.

As far as C2 is concerned Z-order wise, each Spriter object, (even though they are made of separate C2 sprites), count as one object... so at least at the moment there's no way to force other objects in between sprites used in a Spriter object.

The only solution for the Z-order issue is to actually use 2 Spriter objects, one for the sprites that appear below the C2 sprites you want in the middle and another Spriter object for the sprites that go above them in z-order... so you'd have one spriter object for the backmost in z-order, then your C2 sprites, then the top Spriter object... all synchronized animation and position wise... it would be a bit of a pain, but would theoretically work.

cheers.
-Mike at BrashMonkey

Badmiracle wrote: The issue: it seems like the position of the Eyes lags a bit behind the characters movements.. (the position doesn't stay locked as the player moves) in addition to that the Z-Order seems to be an issue, as I can only place the Eyes above the entire character, or below the entire character (the Eyes need to be in-between - behind the helmet but above the face)... so I was wondering if there was a better way?

Also I am not sure if this is an issue with Spriter or not but adjusting the Z-Order of any non-spriter objects in-between my Spriter objects "sub-"objects doesn't seem to work.

Any help is always appreciated. Thanks.
B
46
S
8
G
4
Posts: 414
Reputation: 6,830

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi, I cant seems to open up the link to download plugin for importing spriter project to construct 2.
B
15
S
4
G
1
Posts: 11
Reputation: 1,399

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:56 pm

@Gamekid, try this link, please.
Spriter Dev
B
88
S
21
G
12
Posts: 3,240
Reputation: 16,486

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:54 pm

It's seems that all active animations and charactermaps of existing Spriter objects in Construct 2 are not saved when the save function is used.
What happen is that all the charactermaps are removed and the animation defaulted to first animation on the top of the list.
The objects themselves are saved, along with the variables in the objects, just not the both mentioned above.

I can do a workaround easily on my own but I just wish to inform you regarding this issue.
B
36
S
18
G
11
Posts: 248
Reputation: 8,694

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:45 am

@Lucid

Hi Lucid, I've been reading and I'm just been curious about something and how it relates to C2. I have been looking into the lip sync via papagayo and Spriter's support for it - I'm just curious how it might be practically applied. Does each line of dialogue that you want to sync have to be created within the Spriter editor and then exported as individual animations, like you would have a walk cycle, idle, jumping etc... would you be calling say, 'anim_dialogue_134' etc and potentially having hundreds or thousands of individual lines explicitly created like that?

Does each 'speaking' animation work explicitly, i.e. would your character be stood potentially motionless, idle etc, could you have your character speaking random lines while running, jumping, shooting etc and have them in sync - or would you have to say, export a separate head object and somehow bind them together in C2?

Sorry this is all speculation for the moment, like I said I'm just curious as to how it would be implemented and how well it's supported currently.

Cheers!
B
15
S
6
G
6
Posts: 103
Reputation: 2,968

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:21 pm

Sethmaster wrote:It's seems that all active animations and charactermaps of existing Spriter objects in Construct 2 are not saved when the save function is used.
What happen is that all the charactermaps are removed and the animation defaulted to first animation on the top of the list.
The objects themselves are saved, along with the variables in the objects, just not the both mentioned above.

I can do a workaround easily on my own but I just wish to inform you regarding this issue.

Thanks for the info. I think there was a necessary reason why it does minimal serialization for saving, but I can't remember it at the moment. I should be able to look at this again in the near future.

untune wrote:@Lucid

Hi Lucid, I've been reading and I'm just been curious about something and how it relates to C2. I have been looking into the lip sync via papagayo and Spriter's support for it - I'm just curious how it might be practically applied. Does each line of dialogue that you want to sync have to be created within the Spriter editor and then exported as individual animations, like you would have a walk cycle, idle, jumping etc... would you be calling say, 'anim_dialogue_134' etc and potentially having hundreds or thousands of individual lines explicitly created like that?

Does each 'speaking' animation work explicitly, i.e. would your character be stood potentially motionless, idle etc, could you have your character speaking random lines while running, jumping, shooting etc and have them in sync - or would you have to say, export a separate head object and somehow bind them together in C2?

Sorry this is all speculation for the moment, like I said I'm just curious as to how it would be implemented and how well it's supported currently.

Cheers!

The lip-sync gets baked into the animation within Spriter. Eventually I plan to make it so you can control sub-animations (which would enable you to play a separate animation for the head talking, while playing the running animation for the body), but I won't venture an ETA on that just yet.
Spriter Dev
B
88
S
21
G
12
Posts: 3,240
Reputation: 16,486

Post » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:39 am

any news?
B
33
S
10
G
1
Posts: 78
Reputation: 3,119

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BBaller1337 and 14 guests