Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:53 am

Spriter2 ?
It means ...a long time for development as spriter1?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:23 pm

@winsonzhong , Development won't take nearly as long as Spriter 1, given that they share so much common functionality. We will be building the framework around the future feature-set, which will speed up development, and allow a much more powerful version of what's planned, rather than having to shoehorn it into the current data-format.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:14 pm

| Plugin Update 12/23/2015 |
  • Added support for sub-entities - requires manual import of sub-entities, full tutorial on how to import them after the holidays
  • Added 'override object animation' action. Allows you to override the x, y, angle, scaleX, scaleY, pivotX, pivotY, where applicable for bones, points, boxes, sprites, and sub-entities. Also override current entity, current animation, and current time ratio for sub-entities.
  • Added 'override bones with IK' action. Allows you to override bone angle animation with two-bone IK.
  • Changed 'point exists' condition to 'object exists', now works for bones, boxes, and sprites as well.
  • Changed 'pointX' and 'pointY' to 'objectX' and 'objectY', now works for bones, boxes, and sprites as well.

Spriter RPG Heroes Art Essentials Pack now ready for download Spriter Pro owners!

Full Spriter RPG Heroes Art Pack available for purchase at BrashMonkey.com at 75% off.

We're working on getting the sale price available on the Scirra store as well in time for the holidays. Will update if and when it becomes available the sale price here.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:28 am

Thanks for the plugin update and I'm glad you're letting pro owners upgrade to 2 for free! Good work!
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:30 am

PS - the game in my signature was made using Spriter - thanks for making such a great animation tool and selling it at the right price!
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:38 pm

Thank you for the awesome updates and the generous art packs. You guys are the best out of the bunch 8-)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:35 pm

Thanks @Big Infinity and @blurymind.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone!
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:49 pm

lucid wrote:Thanks @Big Infinity and @blurymind.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone!

Hi!
Lucid, how about a tool for sprite deformation? I saw a post (may 2014) where someone asked about it.. it seems like the feature would come soon. I'm asking you cause I buyed spriter and now it seems a little.. forgotten. And a feature like that would be awesome.

I need a smooth transition from a simple square sprite to this shape (without using various sequence images, of course...):
As you can see, I would need some edge manipulation here... and neither c2 and spriter give me the tools for that.. as far as I know hehe
Oh, and here is the post: http://brashmonkey.com/forum/index.php? ... formation/
B
S

Post » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:27 pm

Spriter has this feature as an "experimental" demo.
To try it out, set "Drag new item" (PALETTE window) to "skins". Then dragging a sprite would turn it into a deformable mesh.

Unfortunately if you try to use a spriter file with a skin object in it, in c2's spriter runtime, it will fail to load your spriter file!
Brashmonkey has stated that this is not a feature they are planning to support with it's current implementation, and it is something to look forward to in spriter 2.

Until then, if you would like to have this feature, take a look at Kestrelmoon creature or Spine - both of which have the feature and a working runtime that supports it for construct2.
plugin-spine-plugin_t90670
kestrel-moon-creature-animation-software-runtime_t165653
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:35 am

Hi everyone. I apologize for the delay in getting the sub-entity tutorial posted. I got side-tracked while finishing up Spriter R6. In any case, I started writing up the tutorial post today, and it seems a recent change in C2 breaks the way the sub-entity feature works. The tutorial was mostly complete when I discovered, the bug, so I will be looking into this in the coming days and I will post back with the fix and the tutorial as soon as I figure out what the issue is. Thanks for your patience.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General