Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:57 pm

can top down sprites and their animations be done with spriter? for example - i want a spider, looking on him from above and create an animation that shows his leg moving... is that possible?
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:16 pm

@PixelRebirth yeah that's what I was thinking. Right now I have an enemies family with just the tint effect applied to it. for enemies with multiple sprites, their parts are grouped by UID and they essentially mimic whatever the tint parameters are for whatever the main enemy object is. with spriter though, I have no idea how to make that work... I guess technically I could go and add all the spriter sprites to another family, but that's going to get huge, and I'm not totally sure how to make sure all those body parts pick up the right UIDs.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:53 pm

mudmask wrote:@lucid - thanks again for your help. I will definitely be emailing you an SCML file soon. One quick question - is there any way to apply webgl effects to spriter objects? prior to using spriter, my enemies would flash red when getting damaged using the tint effect, which was applied to all enemy families. is there a similar way to do that using spriter?
There is not currently a way to do this to an entire character, unless you can use containers to pick all of the related family members. I haven't tried this, but I don't think it's possible. I will think on this, and see if there's a way I can have the plugin pick all sprites as their family types with an action or condition.

saiyadjin wrote:can top down sprites and their animations be done with spriter? for example - i want a spider, looking on him from above and create an animation that shows his leg moving... is that possible?
It should be possible by just rotating the legs, and making sure you kept the upper and lower legs separate so the animator can change the width/length of each for foreshortening.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:37 pm

@lucid - thanks so much for considering that. an update like that would be huge.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:32 am

hi @lucid
when i use spriter on my project(just add a roguelike plug-in ),
will get a javascript error on game run.and black screen.

the alert is:
Uncaught TypeError:Cannot read property "length" of undefined
http://localhost:50000/Spriter_plugin.js,line 3930(col48)

how can i fix it ? thank a lot
Really need this functionality, ask you for help,thank a lot
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:42 pm

@corpvs2, can you please send me (lucid@brashmonkey.com) a minimal capx that reproduces the problem? Also, please link to the roguelike plugin you're referring to and any other plugins needed to run the capx. Also, do you happen to know if it still gets this error when added to a new blank capx with just the Spriter plugin? If it does, please also send me the zipped Spriter project if possible so I can troubleshoot the import.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:47 pm

@lucid
thank for help!!
i send the capx file to you email
the spriter plugin working fine on blank capx.
when i add a roguelike object will be have this issue .
the plugin url is:https://www.scirra.com/forum/roguelike-plugin-c2-rot-js-interface_t118452
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:06 pm

@corpvs2 , it looks like the roguelike plugin adds some components to the javascript array object, and that was causing issues with some of the loops in the scml plugin. In any case, I changed the loop iteration method so it should no longer be affected. Please redownload here, and let me know if it solves your issue.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:38 am

@lucid
hi,thank you so much,is working fine!!
I don't know how to thank you, that's amazing!!!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:28 pm

Thanks @lucid , the new features (color palette and export palette-changed new project] really help me out in diversify the amount of customization available in my game by making it incredibly easy to create color swapped clothing and skins.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General