Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:38 pm

Hey @lucid I Saved my project as Resized Project (and images) but whenever I import it to Construct 2 it becomes disarranged and I also notice some quality loss. Know any solution. I use Spriter Pro Release 5.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:12 am

@chadorireborn, Make sure you're importing the images and the scml from the new folder, and make sure both the scml and scon are created from the resized project. Does it do this on a new c2 project?
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:36 pm

@lucid - That's what I did, I tried it many times in various ways even in Spriter Pro Release 7. I am using the latest Construct 2 Stable Release (r227). I hope you can find a solution for this. Thanks in advance, btw spriter is really great but still has some minor bugs.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:34 pm

@chadorireborn did you try importing it before the resize, and did that work correctly? Also, would you mind sending me (lucid@brashmonkey.com) a zip of the Spriter project , so I can try and figure out what's happening?
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:35 am

@lucid - Yes I also tried that but still the same negative result. I also mailed you the spriter project. Kindly check it.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:02 pm

@chadorireborn - I looked into it, and indeed that file has an issue. After resizing it keeps the old image sizes in the project file. Strangely it only happens with that project, and not other files I tested resizing and importing into C2. While I haven't found the cause yet, I do have a solution. If you load the resized scml file into Spriter, and then resave the scon and scml (see below), it will import correctly into C2. Please let me know if you have any issues.

@everyone, by the way, I think I may have forgotten to mention this on this forum when it was released, but there's an extra save option in Spriter now under Custom Save Options. It allows you to have Spriter always automatically save (and automatically overwrite) an scml file every time you save a scon file, which is convenient for C2/Spriter projects.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:30 pm

@lucid - Yes. Thanks, the workaround does work. It worked when I clicked that checkbox to automatically save the project and even when I save it manually it finally works.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 8:33 pm

@lucid - Hello lucid. Do you know an efficient way to preload scml objects because I experience delay of the scml object to show up when the layout has just started or the object has just been created. Do you know any efficient workaround. Thanks.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 9:11 pm

chadorireborn wrote:@lucid - Hello lucid. Do you know an efficient way to preload scml objects because I experience delay of the scml object to show up when the layout has just started or the object has just been created. Do you know any efficient workaround. Thanks.

Until lucid gets back to you, I just have a fade-in after a one or so second wait at the start. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I think the load-in is only for the first time that run, so I suppose you could go through a blacked-out dummy layout at the beginning to get them all going in memory before you go to your regular layout.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 12, 2016 8:29 am

@C-7 - I already tried adding a preloader layout but the problem is that only a few objects get preloaded since according to the manual:

C2 Manual wrote:Construct 2 only loads the images for the current layout. This avoids loading the entire project in memory which would be slow and consume a great deal of memory. When starting a layout, all images for the objects placed in the Layout View are pre-loaded. This includes all frames in all animations of any Sprite objects. (In other words, Sprites are either fully loaded in to memory, or not at all - they are never part-loaded.) When the layout ends, all images that are loaded but not used on the next layout are released from memory.

. The result is that other scml objects doesn't even show up since not present in the main layout. And they don't ever show up.

But if I add objects to both the preloader layout and main layout, things get glitchy on start of layout (must be because of high fps drop caused of javascript garbage removal of duplicate memory images). Creating Objects becomes glitchy and platformer objects are scattered.

With the fade-in delay, spriter objects already created are fine because it was hidden by the delay but during gameplay spawns, newly created objects are still invisible until a few seconds they show up.

*BTW I use the DestroyOutsideLayout behavior instead of Start->Destroy(Object) to destroy not yet used spriter objects on main layout.

Thanks in advance.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General