Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:03 am

update 3/7/13:
fixed some bugs:
    Fixed a bug where setting an animation directly following automatically generated initialization actions didn't work. The default animation would play anyway.
    Fixed a bug where after a non-looping animation played, the sprites would disappear.
    Fixed a bug where animations containing objects that go into negative scale values would play back incorrectly
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:58 am

I always love updates to this plugin :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:10 am

[QUOTE=jayderyu] I always love updates to this plugin :)[/QUOTE]
Excellent, this next ones in response to your bug report:
    Animations now use alpha data from scml to control sprite opacity during playback.
lucid2013-03-07 07:19:57
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:54 am

Just as an update.

* Pause animation playback, doesn't do anything :(

* "Set playback speed ratio"(for pausing, so 0) needs to be after "set animation" or else it will error on line 1295 of the plugin

* Can there also be AnimateToKeyFrame(frameNumber). I find using Spriter to scroll a menu up and down for a controller to be really nice. Rather than using set speed ratio. Animate to frame would be way better.

* as a temporary update for Spriter into C2. You can copy and paste the SCML file into the C2/File folder. It does work. This however doesn't take into account new objects. Now I'm not sure which part is responsible the plugin add object or the plugin itself. It would be great that on startup of C2 the Spriter Plugin can go over the spriter event sheet, and images and put them where they should be.

* It would be great that Spriter Plugin handle it's own XML parsing rather require other technology. That way C2 Spriter can be moved to different platforms and not have to wait for other technology to provide the DomXMLParsing shim.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:31 pm

[QUOTE=jayderyu] Just as an update.

* Pause animation playback, doesn't do anything :(

* "Set playback speed ratio"(for pausing, so 0) needs to be after "set animation" or else it will error on line 1295 of the plugin[/quote]
both of these work fine for me, please make sure you have the latest version, and if it doesn't work, please send me a minimal capx if possible

[quote]* Can there also be AnimateToKeyFrame(frameNumber). I find using Spriter to scroll a menu up and down for a controller to be really nice. Rather than using set speed ratio. Animate to frame would be way better.[/quote]
update 3/8/13:
    Added 'Play animation to...' action and associated expressions. Allows you to specify an endpoint in milliseconds, ratio of full animation length, or keyframe number, and plays the current animation from it's current time to that point taking the shortest route

[quote]* as a temporary update for Spriter into C2. You can copy and paste the SCML file into the C2/File folder. It does work. This however doesn't take into account new objects. Now I'm not sure which part is responsible the plugin add object or the plugin itself. It would be great that on startup of C2 the Spriter Plugin can go over the spriter event sheet, and images and put them where they should be.[/quote]
good workaround, but be careful, as this method is unsupported, and weird things are bound to happen in certain situations.

[quote]* It would be great that Spriter Plugin handle it's own XML parsing rather require other technology. That way C2 Spriter can be moved to different platforms and not have to wait for other technology to provide the DomXMLParsing shim.[/QUOTE]
Would be nice, but not possible in the near futurelucid2013-03-08 21:32:10
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:53 pm

Though it's not Construct 2, I thought this was an interesting view of some of the basics that are possible with Spriter when it's used in a game engine:
http://treefortress.com/introducing-spriteras-play-spriter-animations-scml-with-starling/

Looking forward to 1.0!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:33 am

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0V2EvCXNzYULTNyWkZZTWNHbXc/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the capx where pausing does not work.

Also FYI. I removed "First Animation". "mainmenu" is the only animation in the scml so far.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:12 am

hi jayderyu, that one doesn't work because Spriter has no animations ready to play until after 'on_initialized'. It is ignoring actions for animations it can't find, which is all of them at Start of Layout until on_initialized. I will probably eventually make it so at least it will save the animation name for later at some point.

In the meantime, you just need to move those actions to the end of 'on_initialized' and it will work as expected
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:00 pm

ok, so I tried out what you said. "pause animation" Still doesn't work at the end of On_initialized for me. "pause" works at least after the first tick of animation. However, "Play current animation to keyframe: 0" at the end of On_init works really well.

Can we do more than one SCML file. So far all my attemps are leading to crashes :(
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:07 pm

@jayderyu good question... @Lucid are there any limits to the number of scml imports for a project?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General