Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:29 pm

lucid wrote:Hi @Falterdan, because of the way the plugin system works, and the plugin using actual c2 objects, there was always a tradeoff of either the entire character being one tick behind, or things set to a Spriter object's position. I'll explain why below, if you're interested, but as far as an actual solution, there's an action under the 'Attach C2 Object' category called 'Set C2 Object to Spriter object'.

Nice one. I experience the lag as well. Good thing you've posted this. :D

Edit:

@lucid - How does this action work, the Set C2 Object to Spriter Object... I used it as a replacement for set position to (x,y) since the set spriter to position(spriteX, spriteY) causes a short lag, but I don't know what does this action do, it didn't go to the position(x,y) of my sprite black box, I think I misunderstood the use?
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:35 pm

@lucid Hey quick question for Lucid/Brashmonkey...if you brought the RPG Heroes basic pack with Spriter (here at the Construct Marketplace), can I get a discount to upgrade to the Essentials Pack?
B

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:47 pm

@lucid
I can't save the spritesheet the "OK" button at the bottom is grayed out and you can't press it. What am i missing here?
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:29 pm

chadorireborn wrote:
lucid wrote:Hi @Falterdan, because of the way the plugin system works, and the plugin using actual c2 objects, there was always a tradeoff of either the entire character being one tick behind, or things set to a Spriter object's position. I'll explain why below, if you're interested, but as far as an actual solution, there's an action under the 'Attach C2 Object' category called 'Set C2 Object to Spriter object'.

Nice one. I experience the lag as well. Good thing you've posted this. :D

Edit:

@lucid - How does this action work, the Set C2 Object to Spriter Object... I used it as a replacement for set position to (x,y) since the set spriter to position(spriteX, spriteY) causes a short lag, but I don't know what does this action do, it didn't go to the position(x,y) of my sprite black box, I think I misunderstood the use?

It's meant to use every tick, like you're setting the position that one tick, rather than a permanent attachment. Is that already what you're doing?

ShinobiSlash wrote:@lucid Hey quick question for Lucid/Brashmonkey...if you brought the RPG Heroes basic pack with Spriter (here at the Construct Marketplace), can I get a discount to upgrade to the Essentials Pack?
The Essentials Packs are condensed versions of each art pack that come free with Spriter Pro. There was another user who asked a similar question, and their confusion came because we had made a mistake and the RPG Heroes Pack was deeply discounted on Scirra store long after the introductory sale had ended. Basically, if you paid separately for it, you should already have it. If you tell me the file size of the zip (or of the unzipped folder), I can double check you have the right version.

rhol wrote:@lucid
I can't save the spritesheet the "OK" button at the bottom is grayed out and you can't press it. What am i missing here?
I responded in the other thread you started.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:19 pm

@lucid It was 33.1MB. And inside the Zip file was Spriter_r5:

http://imgur.com/xbxnnxw
B

Post » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:24 pm

ShinobiSlash wrote:@lucid It was 33.1MB. And inside the Zip file was Spriter_r5:

That's Spriter Pro you downloaded. Select the RPG Heroes Essentials Art Pack from the dropdown box for versions. That content is free with Spriter Pro.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:22 pm

btw, everyone, just a status update for anyone having the issue with the bounding boxes of the objects. I don't have an ETA yet for the release of the fix, but the bounding box fix is already working on my internal builds of Spriter and the scml plugin. I just a few more unrelated bugs to squash in Spriter before I release the upcoming build, but it shouldn't be too long. Thanks for your patience.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:10 pm

lucid wrote:
ShinobiSlash wrote:@lucid It was 33.1MB. And inside the Zip file was Spriter_r5:

That's Spriter Pro you downloaded. Select the RPG Heroes Essentials Art Pack from the dropdown box for versions. That content is free with Spriter Pro.

Ok thanks...I see it there ;)
B

Post » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:17 pm

lucid wrote:btw, everyone, just a status update for anyone having the issue with the bounding boxes of the objects. I don't have an ETA yet for the release of the fix, but the bounding box fix is already working on my internal builds of Spriter and the scml plugin. I just a few more unrelated bugs to squash in Spriter before I release the upcoming build, but it shouldn't be too long. Thanks for your patience.

Ohh Good :D . Thanks for this.

Btw @lucid , have you already made some thoughts about this below? That's about my request before, the visual display of the scml object. To show a differentiation
of each object since the white boxes of the scml objects look alike.

lucid wrote:
chadorireborn wrote:Woah, I nearly missed seeing this. I meant the scml object white boxes on the editor(layout view), since they all look alike, it is hard to identify which is which. Then i suggested to add a text(nametag) of the name of the scml object so it will be easier to differentiate like the scml object has it's own scale always shown. Or did you / with your team thought of something better?

Thanks again.
Oh right. I need to look into this more. I haven't found a decent solution, but in all honesty I haven't had a lot of time checking for one yet either. There's a few things I need to take care of in the near future, so it may be a while, but please remind me if I haven't responded one way or the other in the next couple of weeks.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:35 am

Hi Lucid,

I have one question.

I use new self draw mode for my Spriter animations.

How can I add sound into C2 if I do not drag scml file to C2? (I double click on C2 layout and add scml plugin - according the new instruction of using self draw mode)

Thank you in advance, I spent 3 hours trying to add sound into C2 with new mode

Sergey.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General