Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:53 am

Ok everyone. I will look into all these issues. On BrashMonkey.com, first posts usually take a day for your first post, as all have to be approved manually (only thing that worked against the spam onslaught).

Thanks everyone for the bug reports and sample files to help reproduce them.lucid2013-03-28 06:01:56
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:47 pm

The latest version of Spriter beta fixed c-7's problem. Please see if it fixes anyone elses issues as well:
download here
This thread at BrashMonkey forums has up to the minute bug fixes for in between builds until we drop the 'pre' from 'pre-beta'.

With this latest version, anyone experience glitchy playback in c2 please load and resave with this, and let me know if it fixes the issuelucid2013-03-29 22:25:12
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:13 pm

@lucid , i have a question ... does spriter gets automatic update or at least a note comes at the start says there is a new update or no ??? if no , can you put it because its really hard for us to keep viewing the news of spriter without any notifications...

2nd thing i feel spriter is much harder than before can you do a small starter guide video with shortcut , some steps , how to use the weird timeline .... last thing i want to say is : thanks for your great work :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:48 pm

hi zsangerous. We will get automatic updates in there at some point. I know checking forums isn't the most convenient thing, just necessary for the moment. Also, please elaborate on why it's much harder to use. There wasn't any vast overhaul to the featureset, and definitely that isn't what I'd consider a small complaint. Useability is THE most important thing. So, yes we will have tutorials (including video tutorials), but I'm still interested in what makes it harder to use than the previous version. And thanks for the input
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:32 pm

Tested and these problems exist for me after saving in the latest version:

Using Flip X or Flip Y in the scaling event still seems to distort the sprite for me. All of the parts rotate oddly around themselves and the sprite ends up a mess. I still haven't found a way to get mirroring to work as a result of this.

I'm also getting some odd behavior with the sprite and moving between layouts. When I have a spriter file on multiple layouts, it seems to not associate the parts with the spriter file when moving from one layout to another. Here steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new empty C2 project and import a spriter file.

2. Add a second blank layout and put a copy of the spriter object on that layout (or create a copy at the start of the layout through events.)

3. Add an event on layout 1 that moves to layout 2 when you press a key.

On the first layout, the sprite plays and animates fine. On the second layout it just shows up as a pile of objects and doesn't animate at all. I'm guessing that the On Initialized event isn't firing somehow, and the sprites aren't getting associated with the SCML plugin as a result.

Thanks as always for your work on this. :)
B
S

Post » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:27 am

thanks for the bug reports squidget

And everyone else, fixed that flip/mirror bug. Turns out it was only happening to projects with bones, and I kept testing with a non-boned project. Lesson learned:

update 3/29/13:
    Bones now work with the latest version of Spriter beta
    Fixed a bug where boned .scml animations weren't flipping properly through scale ratio action
lucid2013-03-30 00:27:28
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:35 am

Just tested it in my project. Flipping seems to work correctly now (or at least, the parts are lining up properly) but it's also introduced a new issue. When I actually scale my boned project each of the parts seems to scale 'twice.' For example, if I set my scaling to 0.2 the entire sprite and all the parts are scaled down to 0.2, and then the parts are scaled once again to 0.2 (making them 4% the original size.) This seems to happen even if the parts are not flipped.
B
S

Post » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:31 am

[QUOTE=lucid]update 3/29/13:
    Bones now work with the latest version of Spriter beta
    Fixed a bug where boned .scml animations weren't flipping properly through scale ratio action
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Squidget] Just tested it in my project. Flipping seems to work correctly now (or at least, the parts are lining up properly) but it's also introduced a new issue. When I actually scale my boned project each of the parts seems to scale 'twice.' For example, if I set my scaling to 0.2 the entire sprite and all the parts are scaled down to 0.2, and then the parts are scaled once again to 0.2 (making them 4% the original size.) This seems to happen even if the parts are not flipped.[/QUOTE]
Thank you. Fixed
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:24 am

This is really fantastic stuff! And it all seems to really be coming together! You're fixing issues extremely quickly, and the multiple timelines are fantastic for adding more subtlety and freedom to my animations. Thanks a ton for this awesome tool!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:02 am

Agreed, this is very impressive. Thank you for the fast fixes, they are a huge help for our project. :)
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General