Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:01 pm

@jayderyu, could you please email me the capx so I can see the problem. if you sent it to me before I'm not finding the email
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:03 pm

sent at the mail@brashmonkey.com

thanks for taking a look :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:07 pm

thanks jayderyu

update 4/25/13:
    Fixed a bug that prevented the 'Play To...' action from working correctly
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:28 pm

@lucid

I purchased the pro version of Spriter last year, and have been waiting for C2 support to get there. I have figured out how to use Spriter, create animations, and save the.scml. The problem I am having is trying to get it into Construct. I can't find a tutorial here or on the Brash Monkey site to do that. I thought I could figure it out, but I am not getting expected results.

I have loaded the scml plugin, placed a scml object, put the file path in the File property (btw, why isn't this a file browse button?)....nothing happens. Blank image, no animations, nothing.

Am I missing something? A simple tutorial going over this would be great. i don't know where i am making a mistake, or what to expect. Thanks!Zharzew2013-04-27 22:28:50
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:46 pm

@Zharzew tutorials coming soon. Video tutorials in fact, just approaching 1.0 in Spriter and rushing to get that done. To import into C2, drag the scml file from windows into the c2 layout.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:10 pm

@lucid

Yeah, just after I posted this message, I found another forum post that mentioned the 'dragging into Construct2' thing. This is nice, just not intuitive at first. That aside, there are two issues when importing the animations, and I was curious if there is a fix coming for them.
1) All the pieces are all crammed together when imported. Can they be arranged similar to the first frame (or a pre-determined first frame of an animation)?

2) All of the pieces are a child of an invisible container. Is it possible to have all the pieces move with the container? And, when you select anything in the container, it would select everything in it. Maybe this is something that should be added to containers in general, and should be a question for @ashley maybe? It might also help to have a way to place a sprite, or something, to represent the 'container' object. Being invisible is never good.

The closer you can get this to work like normal 'sprites' the more powerful it will be. I tested and my animation worked in the game, but in the editor it is a bit of a mess, and not easy to work with. These two suggestions would help usability a lot!

Awesome job! And keep up the great work! :)
Zharzew2013-04-27 23:14:48
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:21 pm

@Zharzew, I was just speaking with Ashley about this recently (the plugin is a collaboration of c2 program things, and the plugin itself). Ashley need s few things from me to get those features working (viewing the assembled character in the layout editor in c2), and I will get to that as soon as I release the next beta version of Spriter in the next few days
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:45 pm

@lucid

This is great. Thanks for your info!

I had one more question, if you don't mind. What is the best way to update an animation once it is in Construct2? I thought updating the scml file and reloading Construct2 would 'update' it, but it didn't. Is there any way to do this? If not, there should be. A 'reload' animation button, or something similar, from within Construct2 would be awesome!

Thanks again for your time! I promise to stop bothering you! :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:51 pm

you're not bothering me at all. I love talking about Spriter. Not having a way to reload an animation yet has been the number one complaint/thing that people think is missing to keep the plugin from feeling complete and useable in a serious large project. This will require a bit of work from Ashley (as there's nothing built into c2 that does anything like this) so it was kinda on the long term todo list last time I spoke to him about it. Since a few people have asked and it's been a while, I'll bring it up to him again next time I see him online.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:00 am

@lucid Sounds great. I can't wait to hear about your progress! :)

Also, we need to get @ludei to add support for Spriter using CocoonJS. I found some posts about it from back in November, and I assumed it was working by now. But, I just tested and it is not. :/   

Hopefully @ashley and @ludei can get all this sorted out, as I (and many others, I am sure) would love to use Spriter to create animations for our games (and Android / Ouya are targets for me). :)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General