Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue May 07, 2013 11:58 pm

I'm having trouble calling an animation that is in a different entity. So lets say i have a few sprites in the first entity i call "basic" and another entity that is called "weapon" how do i call those animations in weapon, in construct2? I know i'm using the right name because as soon as it tries to initiate, it goes blank
B

Post » Wed May 08, 2013 1:21 am

I got a serial.

I don't forget to use "@" at first letter of my nickname so i can get notification.

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 12:28 am

I just discover Spriter and that thread right now and it looks awesome !
Maybe it has been said before, but i just wanted to know if it works with mobiles projects done with cocoonjs.
And if yes, if someone has tried perfromance test to see if the ram and the fps are ok.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 3:44 am

CocoonJS needs to add XML Parsing for SPriter to work with it. Supposedly they are talking with Ludei about it...
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 10:45 am

It's not the subject, but I can't be bothered anymore about CocoonJS, and the fact that C2 has to go thru that to reach some devices.
I mean, i really like CocoonJS, but it's so slow to update and react, when all the other software at the moment are moving very quickly.
I will contact Spriter to know if they're working on it :).goldentreee2013-05-10 10:46:12
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi again, everyone

[QUOTE=Vsquared] I'm having trouble calling an animation that is in a different entity. So lets say i have a few sprites in the first entity i call "basic" and another entity that is called "weapon" how do i call those animations in weapon, in construct2? I know i'm using the right name because as soon as it tries to initiate, it goes blank[/QUOTE]

Sorry @Vsquared, thought I had responded to your post. Those options are added in this latest version

5/10/13
    Added 'Set Entity' action. Allows you to set the new current entity(character) by name, and a starting animation. If you leave the animation name blank, it will attempt to find an animation of the same name as the old entity's current animation
    Added 'entityName' expression to get the name of the current entity
    Added starting entity and starting animation edittime properties. These let you choose a starting entity and animation per instance without having to use actions to set these.

also, we have some new Spriter program overview videos for anyone still learning the program:
b2 overview video
spriter's first pro feature : ik locking

edit: [QUOTE=BluePhaze] CocoonJS needs to add XML Parsing for SPriter to work with it. Supposedly they are talking with Ludei about it...[/QUOTE]
We aren't in talks with Ludei. The ball is in their court for now. The last I heard of it, was in this thread on 2/28/2013:
[quote=ludei]@thehen In the last release we added internal support for XML parsing, but it's not yet exposed in JS. So, it's getting closer! Hopefully we'll find the time to add full XML parsing support for the next release. [/quote]lucid2013-05-10 22:28:26
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 11, 2013 5:06 am

Thank you for addressing this lucid, you are the best! i can see the options there but i can't do a test to see if it works because of this error.

B

Post » Sat May 11, 2013 5:20 am

Also getting that error in the latest version.

Just to note, I'm also still getting the issue I reported previously where the on_initialized event doesn't fire in some cases. That's using C2 r129. The issue seems to be somehow related to audio somehow, as playing certain music files at the start of the level causes it to happen consistently, while other audio files it doesn't happen at all. The .capx I sent you should still reproduce the issue, but I can send another if you need it for debugging.
B
S

Post » Sat May 11, 2013 12:43 pm

@Vsquared @Squidget
Hey guys. Thanks for the bug report. Please see if this fixes it. Also realized with Squidget's cap that setting the starting entity property was a requirement, which was also a bug. It should now default to the first entity of the file (at runtime) if you leave that blank.lucid2013-05-11 16:19:01
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 12, 2013 1:08 am

I really don't know how to use this plugin. I'm an artist not a programmer! lol, but actually I am a total noob at construct. I don't really understand how to make the "Example_001" become a condition in Construct, or what to do from that point. I have installed the plugin as I can add an "Scml" object but honestly I have no idea what to do from here. I haven't ever used plugins here before. How do I get the example INTO construct 2?
B

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General