Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun May 12, 2013 5:36 am

It is working now lucid! nice job as always.
B

Post » Sun May 12, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi @lucid,
I've been using Spriter for my first project
it is a great tool for animating!

I have a question about entity,
can you give me example on what it could be used for?
and are all the textures of different entities loaded at once on memory
or just the one entity that active?
B
S

Post » Mon May 13, 2013 4:20 am

[QUOTE=Bugeaud] I really don't know how to use this plugin. I'm an artist not a programmer! lol, but actually I am a total noob at construct. I don't really understand how to make the "Example_001" become a condition in Construct, or what to do from that point. I have installed the plugin as I can add an "Scml" object but honestly I have no idea what to do from here. I haven't ever used plugins here before. How do I get the example INTO construct 2? [/QUOTE]
Hi @Bugeaud, we'll have further tutorials describing the plugin in more detail in the future, but in the meantime, most of the events and conditions are self explanatory once you import:
[tube]ac8VDNN5x7c[/tube]

[QUOTE=mochakingup] Hi @lucid,
I've been using Spriter for my first project
it is a great tool for animating!

I have a question about entity,
can you give me example on what it could be used for?
and are all the textures of different entities loaded at once on memory
or just the one entity that active?[/QUOTE]
Thank you. When you make a single character in Spriter, that character is an entity. If for some reason you want all of your Spriter characters to use a single object, and just change the character with events you can do that. Some people like to have all sprites combined in one character either to simplify object management, or they've built themselves some type of level editor that depends on this. Another possibility is there could be generic platform or enemy ai, and they want to be able to apply it to some completely different characters. It will also work to have a separate scml file and sprite object for each character, whichever you prefer.   Also, yes it will load all the assets for every entity in the file when you import.

Lastly:
5/12/13
    Fixed a bug where plugin wasn't using default pivot point data from the scml file
lucid2013-05-13 20:16:19
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 13, 2013 7:49 pm

I see,
now that you mention it I can see a lot of possibilities on how it can be used
thanks a lot for the explanation!
B
S

Post » Mon May 13, 2013 9:31 pm

@lucid Nice!

I followed your example and it's working. I have a doubt, i tried to add a new behavior 8 dir or drag and drop to SCML family, it won't respond.

How to fix it? Joannesalfa2013-05-13 21:39:43
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 13, 2013 10:10 pm

hi @joannesalfa, it should work. Just make sure you're applying the behavior to the scml object itself:

lucid2013-05-13 22:11:06
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 13, 2013 10:55 pm

@lucid Thanks!

I don't know if is a final version, however i will politely be waiting when you apply the final version.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 14, 2013 4:24 am

Hi,

Thanks for creating such wonderful tool and plugin. I just purchased Spriter, and I have a few basic questions that I haven't been able to find the answers to:

1. Are there any video tutorials for using the C2 Spriter plugin on a basic game?

2. There are some common tasks I would like to do, but I cannot seem to find answers to them on the forum (maybe I'm not looking in the right places?)

Specifically, I would like to ask:
- How would one create multiple copies of sprites on screen?
How would one achieve this? Right now, through trial and error I find that I can import multiple copies of the monster sprite by renaming the file and dragging it into construct again and again (Example_001.scml->Example_002.scml->Example_003.scml etc)
But what this does is create a full copy of everything (including the sprite images). Is there a way for me to duplicate the sprites (say, create 5 enemies on screen) using the same set of sprite images?

3. Destroying and Spawning
Given that Spriter objects are complex and have multiple components in C2, how would one spawn and destroy spriter sprites? (And manage those spawning and destroying) For example, knowing which is enemy1, enemy2, player1, player2, how would I access those?

4. Information sources
Where would one learn more about using Spriter with Construct2? (Besides the videos) I would really appreciate some help on this.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!DragonDrumstick2013-05-14 04:44:57
B

Post » Tue May 14, 2013 5:44 am

@DragonDrumstick

I believe you can create multiple instance of spriter object by copy pasting the spriter object itself, (the one with the spriter icon)

they all belong in a container so if you need to spawn or destroy all you need to destroy/spawn is only the spriter object, no need to bother with all the sprites part
B
S

Post » Tue May 14, 2013 8:44 am

Thank you @mochakingup! :)
B

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General