Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu May 16, 2013 4:19 pm

@zipstacrack
I had this kind of error yesterday. 'getElementsByTagName'

I don't know if yours is exactly the same as mine, but my solution was this.

copy/paste the original dragged in scml file.

Just to make that clear.
When you first drag and drop the scml file into C2. You drop it into a layout(i do anyways). I get the large clump of images.

If you need that same scml access. Copy and paste the original to the new layout.

Why the error occured for me
I normally put all my assets on a layout called ASSETS. When I need a copy of the ASSET. I use the Objects bar on the side. I would Drag the object to the layout. Unfortunatally yesterday I found that if I use the method of an object from the object bar. The Spriter object would result the getElemements... blah error.

Sample Error
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14087254/spriter_error.capx

The original Spriter Object is on Layout2. Layout1 is the Object Bar Spriter object. Run Layout1. For me it's an error in Chrome. :( hopefully it's the same error and you can fix you problem.jayderyu2013-05-16 16:24:13
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 16, 2013 8:22 pm

[QUOTE=jayderyu] @lucid
Hey Lucid. I have a feature I would like to be implemented if possible.

Editing from C2. When in C2 I can double click the file which opens the SCML file. However, the images are in a different location. Anyway that you Ashley and you could maybe get some way to get Spriter to work with the files in C2?[/QUOTE]
That seems like it'd be pretty difficult at this point. Maybe some point in the far far future.   Being able to reimport will most likely come much sooner.

[QUOTE=sman118] @lucid Clearing Chrome's cache worked perfectly. Not sure what the problem was, but that fixed it.

Still having the problem with the image files not loading with the scml file. Just so I'm clear on installation of the plugin (and I'm really sorry if you've covered this some place else):

You download the zip file called "scml".

Then, you extract the folder "scml" into the "plugins" folder inside Construct 2's install directory.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't wait to start working in Spriter. I've been brushing up on skeletal animation all week.

[/QUOTE]
Hi sman118, if the scml plugin is in your list of available plugins, then you most likely did it correctly. Does any popup show up when you drag in the scml?

[QUOTE=goldentreee] @ Lucid :
Thanks, it works, and it's great !
Do you think you can make one day Spriter compatible with Ejecta ? As long as CocoonJS doesn't move on that point, it would be nice to be able to use Spriter with Ejecta :)[/QUOTE]
Haven't had a chance yet to look at Ejecta, or why Spriter's not working with it. When I have some time, I'll report back what I find.

[QUOTE=jayderyu] @Lucid
Request please. I/We? would like the option to Hide/Show the entire sprite. Since I use a Spriter object for player widgets. I would like the ability to hide and show as required. I couldn't it in the plugin option for actions :([/QUOTE]
Yes, that sounds pretty easy. If it's not in the next update, please remind me again.

[QUOTE=zipstacrack] Sorry. New here, just implemented Spriter into my app.

I get this error on Windows 8 Project Runtime: (I can compile fine)

Unhandled exception at line 16067, column 3 in ms-appx://d3e7a9e4-167a-4441-9c70-00626828921e/c2runtime.js

0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'getElementsByTagName' of undefined or null reference

If there is a handler for this exception, the program may be safely continued.[/QUOTE]
I will have to take a look at the win8 runtime, and see what I can find. Not sure if Jayderu's solution will help.

@Jayderyu, not sure I fully followed that, so is that a problem with the plugin getting errors in c2?

Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 17, 2013 1:15 am

@lucid

There seems to be an error for spriter objects that are not on the original layout. It might be related to a family problem for not having the Spriter Object and collection of associated sprites.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 18, 2013 8:00 am

[QUOTE=lucid]
[QUOTE=jayderyu] @Lucid
Request please. I/We? would like the option to Hide/Show the entire sprite. Since I use a Spriter object for player widgets. I would like the ability to hide and show as required. I couldn't it in the plugin option for actions :([/QUOTE]
Yes, that sounds pretty easy. If it's not in the next update, please remind me again.
[/QUOTE]

if it's possible, can you also add the option to enable/disable collision for the entire sprite as well?
it would make everything much easier :)

I think the problem @jayderyu encounter is when we drag scml object from object bar, the object properties of SCML file came up empty
B
S

Post » Sat May 18, 2013 9:05 am

[QUOTE=jayderyu] @lucid, There seems to be an error for spriter objects that are not on the original layout. It might be related to a family problem for not having the Spriter Object and collection of associated sprites.[/QUOTE] as mcohakingup said, please make sure the scml file property is correctly set on this alternate layout. The latest version of c2 should do this automatically, but please check anyway.

[QUOTE=mochakingup][QUOTE=lucid][QUOTE=jayderyu]@Lucid, Request please. I/We? would like the option to Hide/Show the entire sprite. Since I use a Spriter object for player widgets. I would like the ability to hide and show as required. I couldn't it in the plugin option for actions :([/QUOTE]Yes, that sounds pretty easy. If it's not in the next update, please remind me again.[/QUOTE] if it's possible, can you also add the option to enable/disable collision for the entire sprite as well? it would make everything much easier :)[/QUOTE] yes, this should be easy as well.

@everyone, the next few days will be slow for plugin updates, as I'm wrapping up a release for Spriter itself. Thank you for your patience.lucid2013-05-18 09:16:19
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 22, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi,

I'm having a problem after, I import the scml file it works beautifully but if I add a frame to a body part it "jumps" away on that new frame like the pivot point is not positioned correctly.

Is there something I can do or can this be fixed?
Follow me on Twitter @evgLabs
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 25, 2013 8:47 pm

Could you add some bones to the example scml? (the monster)

Also, how can I have it so that, say, the player's sword points at the mouse, and all of the other bones react as expected?

Also, if an SCML is adjusted, will it automatically be updated the next time C2 loads, or will it have to be dragged in again? If you need to drag a new scml in each time, how will that affect events? (Since each event is tied to a specific scml object when you drag it into C2, correct?)ChrisAlgoo2013-05-25 22:26:59
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 25, 2013 10:58 pm

[QUOTE=YetAnotherSuperhero] Hi,

I'm having a problem after, I import the scml file it works beautifully but if I add a frame to a body part it "jumps" away on that new frame like the pivot point is not positioned correctly.

Is there something I can do or can this be fixed?[/QUOTE]
yetanothersuperhero, if possible please send me the capx file, and the zipped scml project folder

[QUOTE=ChrisAlgoo] Could you add some bones to the example scml? (the monster)[/quote]
We'll have boned examples soon.

[quote]Also, how can I have it so that, say, the player's sword points at the mouse, and all of the other bones react as expected?[/quote]
you mean in the editor, or in c2?

[quote]Also, if an SCML is adjusted, will it automatically be updated the next time C2 loads, or will it have to be dragged in again? If you need to drag a new scml in each time, how will that affect events? (Since each event is tied to a specific scml object when you drag it into C2, correct?)[/QUOTE] This is something we still have to work out. There is no way to reimport or refresh the scml yet, but it's a planned feature.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 28, 2013 2:49 pm

In C2, thanks. Once all of the IK stuff is in, could I, say, point the sword towards the coordinates of the mouse, and have the rest of the bones react properly? Or have enemy wizards aim their magic wands at the player before firing? That would be really useful.

Also, do you have an estimated timeline for the release of new features?ChrisAlgoo2013-05-28 14:52:05
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 5:45 pm

The plugin does look interesting but personaly id preffer if it would import all the sprite parts in its position and not centered in one spot...
What other advantage does this plugin has aside of creating customizable bodyparts? Is it better for size and performance than whole animated sprites?
Did I miss something or changing the animation poses in construct2 is not yet available?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General