Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:25 pm

@lucid

I made a simple platform test to try out the plugin. Here are some bugs I encountered:

-Pinning the "Mon" object to the "monMask" object doesn't seem to work though setting its position every tick works.
-If you push left or right, the animation changes, but it looks like other objects that aren't used are made visible.

Also, I know the C2 plugin is not stable right now, but is it safe to start building characters with bones in Spriter or will Spriter projects break on future releases? I'd like to create a few characters that will be ready to go when the plugin works.

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Ok, I know why this is happening, and it will be fixed in the next build.

Thanks for the bug report.

Also, Spriter the program isn't complete yet, but there will be nothing that breaks caps or Spriter projects in any future editions.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:08 am

Hey!
Fantastic news, been looking forward to this for a long time!

It looks like I can't run the Spriter plugin on iPhone exporting to cocoonJS, is this on my end or is this a known limitation? It complains about Ajax.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:40 am

lucid- im trying but maybe im installing the plugin incorrectly but i get the same error. there is no readme in the zip. where am i putting the contents of that file?
B

Post » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:22 pm

[QUOTE=cosmos10040] lucid- im trying but maybe im installing the plugin incorrectly but i get the same error. there is no readme in the zip. where am i putting the contents of that file?[/QUOTE]

you copy the plugin to the main construct 2 folder:

1st. Go to your main construct 2 folder
2nd. click on exports
3rd. click on Html
4th. Click on plugins
5th. Paste the folder of spriter plugin in here

B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:25 pm

The plugin and sprite imports work fine for me on pc, I havent tried it on cocoonjs yet. But I am having trouble trying to resize the sprites after putting them in canvas. It seems to be kept at a specific size even when I click add action set size, and set the size to a certain number.

Does anyone know how to properly set the size of the sprites made from spriter?retrodude2012-11-24 17:26:19
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:20 pm

@cosmos10040, sorry for the late reply. Was at Thanksgiving celebrations with the family, but @retrodude is correct.

@retrodude, because you can animate width and height changes in the editor, part of the animation is setting width an height every tick. To override, your width and height changes should take place every tick as well. For example:

-Every Tick
-----set Spriter_hand width to 1000

If anyone has ideas they'd like to see integrated to add more flexibility with things like this let me know. For instance I can try to add something to let you find the x or y scale factor of a body part, that way if you make the arm 2 times the size, it can still grow and shrink according to the animation, but grow and shrink to the animated size x2, if that makes sense.

Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:45 pm

[QUOTE=lucid] @cosmos10040, sorry for the late reply. Was at Thanksgiving celebrations with the family, but @retrodude is correct.

@retrodude, because you can animate width and height changes in the editor, part of the animation is setting width an height every tick. To override, your width and height changes should take place every tick as well. For example:

-Every Tick

If anyone has ideas they'd like to see integrated to add more flexibility with things like this let me know. For instance I can try to add something to let you find the x or y scale factor of a body part, that way if you make the arm 2 times the size, it can still grow and shrink according to the animation, but grow and shrink to the animated size x2, if that makes sense.

[/QUOTE]

OH alright! But wouldn't it be easier to change the sprite size in the editor then recopy the sprite file back to the canvas of construct 2?

I was wondering if there was a way to update a previous spriter file that you place on the canvas? Because I often go back to the editor and fix a couple of my sprites and then I go back to construct 2 to replace my old ones by deleting the previous scml and sprite files because spriter documents don't overlap one another in Construct 2.

My phrasings a bit bad but what i mean is lets say I have an animation that i already put in Construct 2, and I have set a bunch of events to that sprite and scml file. Now the problem is if I wanted to replace that spriter animation with a new one I just made, with the same name, I would lose those events related to the current spriter file.

Is it possible to go back to the editor and update that animation then overlap my previous spriter file in Construct 2s canvas?

Im not sure if that makes sense, if your confused then just tell me
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:09 pm

[QUOTE=lucid] @cosmos10040, sorry for the late reply. Was at Thanksgiving celebrations with the family, but @retrodude is correct.

-Every Tick

[/QUOTE]

There was one thing that I think would be pretty awesome unless you can already do it.

Being able to set actions to each individual part (such as the torso). That way if you had a boss you could make the boss have body parts that spawn more minions or something like that through the torso.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:09 pm

the issue with reimporting the animation again without losing events is something I've discussed with Ashley, and he said he hopes to work in a solution in a future version of c2.

as far as the being able to set action to each body part, you can do that now. It's why we went with individual sprites instead of the original plan to have the one plugin draw everything.   Also, the import process puts all the sprites in a folder for you, and they are all in a family, and a container together, so if you have a condition that picks any of the parts or the scml object itself, the rest of the parts are automatically picked.

The short answer, is you should just be able to create actions with the torso sprite object as if it were just a normal sprite (because it is)
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General