I was planning to buy and use a 2D animation software after finishing my current project (Bounce Line Arcade) but I've seen that the 25$ price will be only until the release of the full version, so I will buy it the following days.
But before that I want to confirm the following:
- Can the Spriter animations be used without problem in C2 games and work as normal C2 animations ?
- Will the games work as expected on all browser that support HTML5 and XML/JSON ?
- Are other engines in which I can use the Spriter animations (.smcl) ?
- Can I customize the character ? The game will be a MegaMan/Castlevania type where the character's appearance changes based on the powerUp/weapon equipped (also to add items like a sword in hand based on a specific powerUp).
- Does Spriter comes with default animations/skeleton for walking, running, jumping ... etc ?
I also looked at Spine, but I decided to go with Spriter because already has a C2 plugin, is cheaper at the moment (25$) and I don't need complex animations (only run, slide, jump, shoot, jump and shoot ... etc).
Just, out of curiosity, what are the advantages of Spine ? I've seen that is more expensive (60$ at the moment).