Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:24 pm

it is probably not a corrupt file. There were definitely issues with setting an initial animation, and some other problems with switching. The next version of the plugin resolves a few of those, and may fix your problem.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:03 pm

@lucid
thank you for this!
i was going crazy when the animation was only playing the first frame although it was looped in spiter and all sorts of other weird stuff.
this means that soon we will be able to be more productive.
any eta for the plugin?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:14 pm

@lucid
Does Ashley have the new B6 specs? I would love to see the next C2 stable release and the B6 plugin all ready in the near future :)

especially some of the peculiar stuff for first frame initialization.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:41 pm

I sent him the specs today. Should have at least an update with the bug fixes, and json support soon, even if it doesn't have any of the new features yet.lucid2013-11-14 20:42:00
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:47 pm

It really helped me get to the next step in my game making.

I Love Spriter...

Thanks
Check out my latest game RAPID-TAPIT. Get your Fingercise on with this one. A steady Tap is all you need to score points. Lift a finger and see what you can do...

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:35 pm

@lucid

I was planning to buy and use a 2D animation software after finishing my current project (Bounce Line Arcade) but I've seen that the 25$ price will be only until the release of the full version, so I will buy it the following days.

But before that I want to confirm the following:
- Can the Spriter animations be used without problem in C2 games and work as normal C2 animations ?
- Will the games work as expected on all browser that support HTML5 and XML/JSON ?
- Are other engines in which I can use the Spriter animations (.smcl) ?
- Can I customize the character ? The game will be a MegaMan/Castlevania type where the character's appearance changes based on the powerUp/weapon equipped (also to add items like a sword in hand based on a specific powerUp).
- Does Spriter comes with default animations/skeleton for walking, running, jumping ... etc ?

I also looked at Spine, but I decided to go with Spriter because already has a C2 plugin, is cheaper at the moment (25$) and I don't need complex animations (only run, slide, jump, shoot, jump and shoot ... etc).
Just, out of curiosity, what are the advantages of Spine ? I've seen that is more expensive (60$ at the moment).
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:50 am

@TGeorgeMihai The brashmonkey website should answer all those questions. Just look at the features, videos and also the section on plugins for other development environments.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:50 am

@lucid
@BluePhaze

I've done my research, but I still need some answers:
[QUOTE=TGeorgeMihai]
- Can the Spriter animations be used without problem in C2 games and work as normal C2 animations ?
Tested some demos, works nice
- Will the games work as expected on all browsers that support HTML5 and XML/JSON ?
Online demos works on Android (Dolphin and Chrome)
- Are other engines in which I can use the Spriter animations (.smcl) ?
Now that I think about, I only use C2 so is not that important for me (at least not for now)
- Can I customize the character ? The game will be a MegaMan/Castlevania type where the character's appearance changes based on the powerUp/weapon equipped (also to add items like a sword in hand based on a specific powerUp).
I've seen the skins, but what about adding or removing items/weapons ?
- Does Spriter comes with default animations/skeleton for walking, running, jumping ... etc ? The animations from the Basic Platformer Animated art Pack should do the trick for starters like me.

I also looked at Spine, but I decided to go with Spriter because already has a C2 plugin, is cheaper at the moment (25$) and I don't need complex animations (only run, slide, jump, shoot, jump and shoot ... etc).
Just, out of curiosity, what are the advantages of Spine ? I've seen that is more expensive (60$ at the moment). [/QUOTE]
New Question:
Does Spriter support multiple textures quality/resolution ? Is there a function that can do this, or is done by choosing a skin that has Low/HD textures ?

After what I've seen, maybe I'll use Spriter in my current project since is not using WebGL (for compatibility issues). The effects from Game Effects Animated art Pack are wicked cool
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:29 am

Thanks, the program just keeps improving :^)
B
S

Post » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:31 pm

@lucid
i have 4 instances of "turtle" sprite.
on start of layout ----> "turtle" spawn (spriter animation) on layer 1
every tick ----> set position (spriter animation) to turtle image point 1
so all 4 instances have from one animation playing.
if i kill one instance (turtle) all 4 spriter animations play at the same time and they all get destroyed (the animations)
on player collision with turtle--->turtle destroy
                                   spriter animation destroy
so i am left with 3 invisible turtle boxes wondering around! lol
any ideas?

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General