Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:31 pm

with the new construct 2 beta version 150 I cant open projects that use spriter. it says: "---------------------------
Construct 2 Check failure
---------------------------
Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Action ID does not appear to exist in related plugin

Condition: plugin->HasActionID(act_id)
File: Projects\EventAction.cpp
Line: 43
Function: __cdecl EventAction::EventAction(class EventBlock &,class ObjectClass *,class BehaviorType *,int,class std::vector<class std::unique_ptr<class EventParameter,struct std::default_delete<class EventParameter> >,class std::allocator<class std::unique_ptr<class EventParameter,struct std::default_delete<class EventParameter> > > > &&,unsigned __int64)
Build: release 150 (64-bit) checked
Component: Construct 2 IDE
(Last Win32 error: 0)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally."

So I cant open the project.. any update coming or something?
thanks
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:33 pm

never mind..
i downloaded the plugin again and it worked

thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:35 pm

Please note this version of the plugin requires the .scon save option from the latest build of Spriter. Also, this plugin doesn't yet work with all of the new Pro Features (char maps, collision boxes, points, skins). Lastly, for the time being, this plugin requires both the scml and scon versions of the file.   Please see the video below for additional details
plugin changelog 11/16/13
    Fixed several bugs with movement jerks at points when transitioning between animations
    Fixed an issue where setting the animation before an item initialized would be ignored (like at Start of Layout)
    Fixed an issue where each new instance of an scml object was reloading the fileAdded support for the new .scon format. This makes projects load faster, and exportable with CocoonJS

[tube]OvnEh6v_oSE[/tube]lucid2013-11-16 23:38:14
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:27 am

@lucid
Nice update :)

:D so when will the character map version of the plugin be coming :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:30 pm

@lucid
1)i still have the exact same problems with the new plugin.
no matter what animation i set at "properties" -> "starting animation" it always plays the first default animation that i saved in spriter. e.g "idle" instead of "run".
this problem is "solved" only with the "wait 0" command during sprite initialisation. this also applies for the size of the character as well.
2)the proper animations play ONLY when a certain condition is met in the code (e.g "platform on moved")the SECOND time.
possibly the problem has to do with the way the sprite is initialised?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:06 pm

@lucid
On initialized>> Set object scale - isn't working anymore. I updated the C2 plugin and imported scon-files and everything is now unscaled.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:11 pm

Thanks for the bug reports guys. I'll take a look
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:36 pm

@lucid also when i set pixel rounding on NEW PROJECT TAB and i preview, my animation gets distorted. its like pixels move back and forth while he animates.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:06 pm

Hi, I just import a scml object like I used to do. and I get this error when I run the layout
(Chrome)

Unexpected token <

(Firefox)
Javascript error!
SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character
http://localhost:50000/Spriter_plugin.js, line 281 (col undefined)

This is either a bug in Construct 2 or a problem in a third party plugin or behavior - please report it to the developer!

and that line is

self.doRequest(JSON.parse(request.responseText));     

Please help me
Regards     

EDIT:
the problem is the new version of the plugin because I try with the old one and works perfectly

EDIT 2:
This error only happens when you create the spriter object with the new plugin. I had a project created with the other plugin, I opened it with the new version, and the .json works fine.

EDIT 3:
The function set object scale doesn't work with the .json fileakumaGouki2013-11-18 04:29:51
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:04 am

plugin changelog 11/18/13
    Fixed a bug that made it so setting a the object's size ratio before the character loaded would be ignored

[QUOTE=Roccinio] @lucid also when i set pixel rounding on NEW PROJECT TAB and i preview, my animation gets distorted. its like pixels move back and forth while he animates.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the bug report, will have to look into this.

[QUOTE=akumaGouki] Hi, I just import a scml object like I used to do. and I get this error when I run the layout
(Chrome)

Unexpected token <
[/QUOTE]Please watch the video above to make sure you have all of the instructions, but I believe the problem is that in the object's properties the default is .scml, rather than .scon. The new plugin requires the .scon file to be specified there. This is just a temporary thing. I forgot to mention this to Ashley, but I'll let him know, as this is a C2 side thing.

[QUOTE=Roccinio] @lucid
1)i still have the exact same problems with the new plugin.
no matter what animation i set at "properties" -> "starting animation" it always plays the first default animation that i saved in spriter. e.g "idle" instead of "run".
this problem is "solved" only with the "wait 0" command during sprite initialisation. this also applies for the size of the character as well.
2)the proper animations play ONLY when a certain condition is met in the code (e.g "platform on moved")the SECOND time.
possibly the problem has to do with the way the sprite is initialised?[/QUOTE]
I tried to reproduce your bug, and I did!, but originally thought it was a plugin problem, I ended up fixing it by removing the quotes from my default animation name, I had "walk", and in the debugger it came up as ""walk"", and it couldn't find an animation named that. let me know if that was the problem, if not please send me the capx if possible, because it's working for me.

[QUOTE=nemo] @lucid
On initialized>> Set object scale - isn't working anymore. I updated the C2 plugin and imported scon-files and everything is now unscaled.[/QUOTE] I don't remember if Mike covers it in the video, but you should no longer use on-initialized to set the objects anymore. That should now only trigger once per file on a layout. However there was another issue probably stopping from working at least once, or from working At Start of Layout, where I recommend you move those initialization actions. That's fixed with the new version of the plug.

Thanks again everyone for the bug reports.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General