Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:55 am

@lucid Thanks for your hard work, we can see that you are giving everything you can to make Spriter a great tool, and to bring b6 to us. So I'm really happy with Spriter, it's an awesome tool and it's becoming even greater.

I'd love to see tutorials of the future plugin update so collision boxes and angle points done in Spriter work on Construct, for now I've been using the same old invisible sprite for collisions.

Have a nice day and thanks again!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:01 am

@lucid
I have send you a .capx about 6 days ago named" for lucid" (lol)
There i showcase all my problems.if you could take a look and see what is wrong or what i am doing wrong i would really appreciate it.

B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:21 pm

plugin changelog 11/25/13
    Fixed a bug that was causing performance issues
    Fixed a playback issue for projects with shifting pivot points
    Plugin now takes advantage of the new save data to speed up the loading process
    Plugin now automatically searches for the .scon version of the file, if you leave the .scml extension in the properties pane

Please make sure you're enabling the additional Save Options in Spriter:

Also, for anyone who's not active on our forums, there's a new build of Spriter that fixes a stability issue with the previous build lucid2013-11-25 23:52:41
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:18 am

@lucid When using this latest plugin, none of my spriter objects load :X!

The sprites are all loaded when the layout starts but the animations don't play and the spriter's family don't act like they're in a container with the Spriter object.
B
S

Post » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:39 pm

@Scavengrove, please make sure that your .scon file is saved with the C2 objects from the screenshot above when importing, and if that's the case, we can work from there
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:10 pm

It definitely was, I was using the 11/18 plugin with scon files no problem. I'll mess around with it some more and let you know if I can't get it working! Thanks for everything @Lucid - Spriter is really awesome and you're doing a great job :D
B
S

Post » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:47 pm

@Lucid - I was wondering if we could get the following conditions:

- Current key frame (<,>,=, etc.)
- Current animation time (<,>,=, etc.)
- Is (animation name) playing
- Is paused
- Is looping
- Loop iteration (<,>,=, etc.)

I know you can make the first 3 happen from comparing expressions, but they would still make things a little easier. The other 3 are a little harder to make manually.

Anyway, thanks for your efforts! It's a great tool.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:58 pm

[QUOTE=Scavengrove] It definitely was, I was using the 11/18 plugin with scon files no problem. I'll mess around with it some more and let you know if I can't get it working! Thanks for everything @Lucid - Spriter is really awesome and you're doing a great job :D[/QUOTE] Thank you. Also, it would have worked fine with the previous version of the plugin. This version is the first time these are absolutely required for playback. The new faster loading routine requires that information.

[QUOTE=Tobye] @Lucid - I was wondering if we could get the following conditions...[/QUOTE]
That all sounds doable. I'll add some of those over the next few versions
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:11 pm

A huge "seconded!" for those conditions. If there were a way to read the milliseconds we're into an animation to more accurately match timing between animations, that would also be extremely handy.

Out of curiosity, are there any plans to add animation blending? For example, running + shooting?

Some way to grab control of a specific part of the IK chain (for example, accurate aiming in terms of the animation by controlling arm movement) would also be extremely useful.digitalsoapbox2013-11-26 20:14:04
Company Website: Link | Sombrero Website: Link | Twitter: Link
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:19 pm

@lucid
i have send you an email with the import issues i am facing with the new plugin .
keep up the good work!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General