Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:11 pm

@Tobye, Did you make sure to reimport the resized scon file? (delete from c2 projects pane Files/Spriter Animations/, and right click - import new file)
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:10 pm

@lucid - Yep, exact process is: resize in spriter, then save as a new name as scml, then another as scon. Then drag smcl in to the project, followed by scon.

So I'm actually importing entirely new animations, not updating existing ones.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:44 am

@lucid........
O.O......

Oh my which ever diety some one worships. I was creating this simple game while waiting for characters maps. This game used Spriter, but with NO actual animations. I only use it for skeletal posing and using the poses in game. Honestly I could and should have used frames but I was lazy. ok ok. So I decided to tinker with blending and now even though it's all framed the results are like some martial arts fu. The character weapon actually transfers from hand to hand while rotating like some kind of staff. I just looks sooooo amazing.

Two questions though

1. I do have 1 animation. but unsure how to go from the last animation to the end of new animation :(

2. One of the objects that was added later to the animations keeps on appearing in the top left corner.... and at the original object size.. which is kinda very large.

EDIT; Yes I have the same problem as Tobye. I've cleared the animation, sprites, files everything. yet still result in the same problem. Even resaved the scml and scon files after removing(moving to a backup) them from the project directory to make sure they aren't the same.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:14 am

Please, send me your caps, and spriter project folders(zipped), and I'll take a look. Thanks for helping me find bugs. Sorry for any inconvenience:
lucid@brashmonkey.com
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:38 pm

@lucid

I have tried to import a .scon file into my project, however it brings up an error saying files are missing. when I open the project in Spriter through Construct, it shows the images missing???? pretty sure it's a bug of some kind. I can get the scml files in there with no problems. Just wanna get this working on Cocoonjs :) Please help if you can
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:17 am

For the time being, you have to have both the scml and the scon files in your import. Dragging in one should automatically import the other. And you can import manually afterward by going to the project pane/files/spriter animations/ right click and import the other file. Is this what you're already doing? Also, please make sure you have both save options enabled in Spriter - File/Save Options/

Let me know if you've already tried this.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:27 am

@lucid

Can't seem to get activation email from spriter forums so I can't search there so I'll ask here. What is the state right now regarding free form deformation, or deformation of any kind? I have the Pro version.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:37 am

@Juryiel,

Could you please email mail@brashmonkey and let me know what username you chose for the forum and I can manually activate your account.

Thanks,
Mike at BrashMonkey
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:42 am

Done, though it's the same username as here.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:11 am

Juryiel wrote:What is the state right now regarding free form deformation, or deformation of any kind? I have the Pro version.

Short version:
Free form deformation at the moment is available as an experimental preview feature only for pro users only. It's in a proof of concept/experimental state, and we don't recommend using it in your real game yet, as it will be greatly expanded/enhanced/evolved before it's finished, and for the time being it's unsupported. If you start working on game assets, and encounter a deal breaking bug with your deformation Spriter project, it's going to take a back seat until after 1.0. With that in mind, if you just want to play around with it, and test the features, the following video at 6:23 has a basic rundown :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0ehOfGP ... page#t=383

The details:
We are working on finishing the current build of Spriter, which is has the bulk of the remaining features until 1.0. After this version it's just bug fixes, and useability enhancements until 1.0.

After 1.0 and catching up the documentation, we'll be focusing on deformation and other (unannounced) post 1.0 features(free updates for current owners of course).

Most of the functionality is already in there, such as dynamic tessellation, skinning around bones, and variable levels of curve detail - also, deep control over texture coordinates and mapping. The rest of what needs to be done, is making things more flexible in how you can divide and control the skin, and enhancing the workflow from start to finish so it's quick and intuitive.

I've tested the basics (simple drawing deformation tests, not real world/stress tests) with the C2 plugin sdk, and after a small request (already filled) by Ashley, it's seems the c2 plugin should be able to support deformation as well.

So basically, we have quite a few things to do before we get there, but it's the one of the next steps after Spriter 1.0, it will be very powerful and easy to use, and it will work in c2 - but it's much to early to give an ETA.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General