Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:19 am

Great, thanks for the informative reply and video, this should be enough to do what I need. I'm really loving the software by the way, it's probably the best software for the money I have ever bought in terms of how much it improves my productivity, Great work!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:41 am

Well I was originally going to post about not being able to see the spriter files after exporting to CocoonJS despite not minifying the script, but then I decided to update my Spriter and got met with "Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified"
Now I'm left with nothing T.T

EDIT: Solved the error 2 thing. Avast antivirus can go die in a hole.
EDIT2: Also where is the pixel rounding option?
EDIT3: K I found the pixel rounding, the only problem is it still not showing up on CocoonJS :<
EDIT4: NVM IT IS ALL FIXED.
EDIT5: NVM I LIED It still isn't showing up on Cocoon
EDIT6: NVM It randomly started showing up. Everything AOK
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:52 pm

I am having a couple of issues with Spriter in C2 still. I suspect the first error is in how C2 works. I may just have to make a mirrored version of the Spriter animation. Here's what it does when I'm creating this flame-thrower-like effect--first it spawns, then flips: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60595907/psiclip1.avi

Here's the code I'm using:

I've tried it a few different ways and they all have this same effect.

The other ongoing problem I've been having is when I spawn some Spriter attacks, this error pops up:

It seems that there's some sort of error in giving certain Spriter objects an IID.

AMD Phenom II N970 Quad-Core Processor, 2200 Mhz
AMD Radeon HD 6470M Graphics card
8 GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7
B
S

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:45 pm

jayderyu wrote:2. One of the objects that was added later to the animations keeps on appearing in the top left corner.... and at the original object size.. which is kinda very large.

EDIT; Yes I have the same problem as Tobye. I've cleared the animation, sprites, files everything. yet still result in the same problem. Even resaved the scml and scon files after removing(moving to a backup) them from the project directory to make sure they aren't the same.

Never got a capx from you. Did you solve the problem?

PSI wrote:I am having a couple of issues with Spriter in C2 still...

Please send me a capx as well. You definitely shouldn't have to manually make a separate left facing animation to do that. Also, if you could explain how I can reproduce the bug with the error that shows up on screen that would be helpful. Before you do that, please make sure you've downloaded the latest (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/257 ... n/scml.rar). I posted two versions back to back, and the second one solved a similar issue.

Also, there's a new version coming soon guys. Solves a couple more bugs, and adds an action or two.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:01 pm

I'm sending you the capx. I installed the new scml plugin but both errors are still happening. To recreate the second error, you can run the layout and simply press the "q" key after waiting for a little while. Thanks!
B
S

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:22 pm

@lucid
I finally managed. I scoured the game project files, I deleted all scon, scml backs too from the spriter project file(while leaving spriter open), I deleted spriter from the game. I then resaved the scon and scml to the spriter project folder. Then re-importer.

Fortunatly I used function calls and/or famies to set spriter objects. So I didn't need to redo all my Spriter events.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:03 pm

@lucid
Anyway you can add the ability to set the Spriter object to In/visible and the ability to set the opacity level.

As an example I used RevDust_1 as the back end of a bike as dust off the back of the bike. however when the bike is arial I don't need this. It would be a nice feature to set the object to invisible. as this time I'm just unpinning, moving, then re-pinning, and then again upon landing, but it's kinda not the best way to about it.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:24 am

jayderyu wrote:Anyway you can add the ability to set the Spriter object to In/visible and the ability to set the opacity level.

The thing about opacity is since each sprite is individual, you will see the semi-transparent sprites underneath eachother, rather than one solid translucency like a normal Sprite object. I can definitely add it, though. After the upcoming build of Spriter is complete, I'll take a screenshot of what it looks like, and everyone just tell me if it's a feature you would ever use.

Set Visible is actually one of the new actions:

Download latest plugin here

• Added 'Set Visible' action. When invisible, the plugin will still animate the individual sprites, so collisions and position expressions continue to function correctly.
  • Fixed a bug where if a new animation was set and the scml object was moved in the same tick, it would show the first frame of the new animation at the old location for one tick before moving to the new location

and there was an additional action added in the previous version that I didn't mention when I released it:
  • Added actions: Set Flipped and Set Mirrored, which function identically to their Sprite counterparts

And finally, here's a link to our latest Kickstarter update: New Spriter build coming next week and new Art Pack released!
art pack preview:

Thank you everyone for your continued support, feedback, and bug reports.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:36 am

=.=
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:26 am

yaomon17 wrote:reimport error...
=.=
Thanks for reminding me of this. This is a bug with the (re)importer. I'll let Ashley know. Also, I believe there is a workaround that Mike mentioned to me. I'll ask him about it next time I see him online.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General