Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:02 am

I just discoverd it and buy it :) Awesome!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:25 pm

@Lucid

Me again, sorry to be a pain.
Let me explain my latest progress, I have managed to import the .scon after I imported the .scml :)
And while I have success with the preview in a browser, when I export my project with the Minify Script either on or off for Cocoonjs,
I still have no success with regards to the actual images animating....

I can see my sprites just sitting there, Sad, Lonely :( Just waiting,wanting to work.
But they are Placid :(

Why is it that they are only working in the preview browser but not in my Cocoonjs Export?
I should mention, I am an iOS user, not an android user.

Is there anyway you can assist me with this issue?

It's just that I cannot get it to work on Cocoonjs. It works everywhere else.

kIND rEGARDS
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:25 pm

Hi BAnyBudde,

This is Mike at BrashMonkey.

Could you email me ( mike@brashmonkey.com ) your capx and Spriter project involved so I can troubleshoot and try to get it working on my ipod?

thanks,
Mike at BrashMonkey
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:43 am

Nice work thank you I will use it
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:46 pm

@Brashmonkey

Hi Mike, Just got your message now, was away for a few days.
I just e-mailed you everything you will need.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:35 pm

We just released a new prerelease/test build of Spriter if anyone wants to help us find bugs for the next stable release.

There are still some things that Ashley will have to handle C2-side before character maps will work in C2, but this Spriter pre-release also contains a bugfix in .scon saves required by the plugin. So we're one step closer to the plugin supporting character maps. After the stable release, I'll immediately update the plugin to support the new variable and tag features (see link above). Once this is done, and the importer is complete c2side, the plugin will fully support all Spriter 1.0 pro features.

Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:22 pm

Message: ebatalov is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
Hello.

Here is a bugreport from me.
Position of Spriter scml object lags from position of player sprite object with platform behavior. When you have couple other sprites pinned to player sprite this lags look very annoying.

Here is a link to capx file that demonstrates lags:I've investigated the problem a little bit. It looks like the problem is in changing positions of sprites (attached to animation timelines) in tick() handler of Spriter plugin instead of doing this in a sort of draw() method when all the conditions of current event loop iteration were processed. I've added javascript console logging:
- "spriter tick" to Spriter plugin tick() method
- "position change tick" to "On every tick" event sheet condition where I set position of scml object to position of player sprite.
- "spriter draw " to Spriter plugin draw() method

Here is a piece of the javascript console log:
    spriter tick Spriter_plugin.js:762
    position change tick VM154:1
    spriter draw Spriter_plugin.js:967
    position change tick VM155:1
    spriter draw Spriter_plugin.js:967
    position change tick

So Spriter plugin changes positions of attached sprites before position of the whole scml object is changed during "position change tick" event sheet condition processing.

Could you help with this problem either fixing it or proposing a workaround?
B

Post » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:55 am

@lucid - does the latest scml plugin support alpha fades and have you found anything out about the post spawn flipping and IID errors? Thank you, Morgan.
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:01 pm

ebatalov wrote:So Spriter plugin changes positions of attached sprites before position of the whole scml object is changed during "position change tick" event sheet condition processing.

Could you help with this problem either fixing it or proposing a workaround?

I will take a closer look, and try to reproduce the error myself, and see if there isn't some way to solve this through the plugin.

PSI wrote:@lucid - does the latest scml plugin support alpha fades and have you found anything out about the post spawn flipping and IID errors? Thank you, Morgan.

Alpha fades should be working now (fixed a bug a few versions back), but please refresh my memory on the post spawn flipping and IID errors. What is the issue there again?
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:35 pm

@lucid, I haven't recognized that the link to the capx which reproduces the problem was removed by the forum.

Here is it once again (put https before the link to get the full URL):
://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-KXDlig5kwVMzIzZ004bXJQb1E/edit?usp=sharing

There is actually a way to solve this problem somewhat. We can attach platform behavior to SCML object and then lags are cured (I don't remember actually why).
But due to another bug in Construct (https link ://sourceforge.net/p/construct/bugs/1349/) this solution doesn't work now: platformer SCML object should have tiny size to move on solid objects as expected (as animations are drawn in the center of SCML we should make SCML tiny, otherwise animations will "fly" in the air).
B

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General