Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:29 pm

Yes, alpha fades are working! Sweet! How about sounds @lucid - are sounds functional in C2 yet? Thank you fellas for all of your hard work. Spriter is really shaping up!
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:09 pm

ebatalov wrote:There is actually a way to solve this problem somewhat. We can attach platform behavior to SCML object and then lags are cured (I don't remember actually why)

The problem with the scml object having a behavior is that for now there's no way to set the size of the bounding box. For now it's just set to 100x100. There will eventually be a way to do this visually in Spriter, and automatically in C2, but no ETA on that just yet.

PSI wrote:Yes, alpha fades are working! Sweet! How about sounds @lucid - are sounds functional in C2 yet? Thank you fellas for all of your hard work. Spriter is really shaping up!

Thank you. Sounds aren't ready yet, but they are almost done: There is a bug in Spriter with sounds that will be fixed for the final version of this build, and which is important for the plugin to function. Also, sound won't work until the importer is updated. The plugin code is already complete, though.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:42 pm

@lucid - here's the screenshot of the IID error I get when trying to spawn attacks:

Image.

It happens more than 50% of the time.
Last edited by PSI on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:07 pm

Hi Psi,

I'm looking into this now. I didn't see this error message at all when I was using the version I made when I fixed the flipping issue for the pyro attack....

Can you please tell me what browser you're using, and does this error message ever appear if you do nothing but run around and use the pyro attack. (no other attacks.)

thanks,
Mike at BrashMonkey
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:12 pm

The browser is chrome. The version is 33.0.1750.154 m (the latest). I get this error when spawning any spriter attacks - the psiblast or the pyrokinesis. Still having problems with the post spawning flipping and notice that it happens to regular sprites as well. All of my collision sprites for the Spriter attacks do the same thing. It makes me want to pull my hair out whilst banging my head against the wall! :shock:
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:29 pm

*EDIT* I just looked at your latest build and you did copy my fix exactly, yet there is indeed still a flipping issue. (though far less severe or common...) I could have sworn it was working perfectly after I had fixed it, and fear maybe that was with the previous build of the plug-in (the one that showed the (1) when you x flip something).

I'll keep looking into this, sadly, I cant get that error message to pop up (in chrome).. I'll try firefox and see if it pops up in there.

Did you exactly copy my fixed version as for the flame flipping? It worked perfectly on my computer. Did it not on your end?

Thanks,
Mike at BrashMonkey
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:41 pm

I got the error to appear in firefox. I'll keep digging regarding both issues.

cheers,
Mike
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:06 pm

@Brashmonkey - Thanks Mike. I found an error in my code referencing a different version of the psi blast. I get the error less now but still, sometimes on spawning pyrokinesis or making the recharge station work, I get the IID error.
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:08 pm

Yes, the flipping issue seemed to disappear when you sent me the fix. It seems like after I installed the latest scml plugin that it quit working but I don't know if that was it or not.
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:44 am

@lucid
Hey lucid. Has there been any performance improvements to the Spriter plugin. I started a game for mobile and I wanted to start off using the the test platformer character. Just to get a basic walk animation going. With just 1 Spriter character the FPS dropped from 60 to 28. That's a heavy hit for one object. However each additional Spriter character didn't significantly worsen the FPS. I added 8 more to the scene and only dropped too 23.

My test device is a Tegra2 Acer A500 so it's running old a few years now.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General