Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:55 am

@Brashmonkey

Yeah , it's working now. Thank for your support and tutorials.
B

Post » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:29 am

@lucid
@Brashmonkey

Hi, can you guys please implement the support to "minify" script ? My simple mobile game js file is more than 1MB already. Hopefully this is implemented soon.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:37 am

@brashmonkey
maybe i did not understand your answer or you did not understand my question.
of course i use a rectangle for my scml animation that i have every tick on top of it.this is the most basic stuff out there.
my problem is that i have created a tilemap set that has slopes as well.so when my box is ascending the slope then the bottom right corner of the renctagle (if i am going to the right) touches the slope(and the rest of the box is in the air) so my player shows like floating in the air.bounding box is only good if is on a flat surface.
is there a way to rotate a few degrees the scml animation during runtime when the bounding's box corner touches the slope?
i could post here a capx with your basic platformer pack character but i dont know if it freely available to all so i wont.
please advise because this is holding me back since every enemy and the player as well look retarded moving up and down the slopes.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:56 am

here is the first ever pic of my game ! :)
see what i mean about the rectangle and the scml animation?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:15 am

@lucid how can I import a char with character maps, because I impor my .scml and my .scon, but only with the basic images and dont import the character map images. :?:
Carlo Andrei Mercado
Animator, illustrator, concept artist, special effects for games.
Level Plus Game Studio S.A.S
http://www.levelplusgames.com/
carlo.m@levelplusgames.com
http://f-fman.wix.com/portfolio-ffman22
http://ffman22.deviantart.com/

tutorials:

dynamic-mini-map originally published by ffman22
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:46 am

tumira wrote:...can you guys please implement the support to "minify" script ? ... soon.

Unfortunately, not likely soon. I need to find out why it's happening, and if my suspicions are correct, it will be something that I need to spend a good while hunting down. It's on the todo list, but there's a lot of big things on the list before it, so I wouldn't call it soon, as I don't have an eta yet.

Roccinio wrote:is there a way to rotate a few degrees the scml animation during runtime when the bounding's box corner touches the slope? see what i mean about the rectangle and the scml animation?

I may be misunderstanding the question again, but it seems like all you have to do is set the angle of the scml plugin.

ffman22 wrote:@lucid how can I import a char with character maps, because I impor my .scml and my .scon, but only with the basic images and dont import the character map images. :?:

Not yet ffman22. There is some work Ashley must do on the importer in C2 first. I just recently gave him the updated plugin to work with, when he was already in the middle of several non-Spriter C2 things. He says it will probably be a week or two before he gets a chance to work on it. Fortunately, once that happens, everything is ready on the plugin side for it to work.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi lucid, thank you for your great work here.

I might have a clue about this:
lucid wrote:Unfortunately, not likely soon. I need to find out why it's happening, and if my suspicions are correct, it will be something that I need to spend a good while hunting down. It's on the todo list, but there's a lot of big things on the list before it, so I wouldn't call it soon, as I don't have an eta yet.

C2 uses Google Closure Compiler to minify scripts, so the variables and properties (with dot syntax, ex: Object.property) you use will be changed after the minify process. I think this is why your plugin doesn't work after minify.

This is also noted in the SDK documentation .

I had the same issue with my plugin before and changing from dot to bracket syntax (Object["property"]) solved it.

Hope this help. :)
B

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:09 am

Roccinio wrote:here is the first ever pic of my game ! :)
see what i mean about the rectangle and the scml animation?

Your spriter object can be rotated and acted upon independently from the rectangle. Or, you can always change the angle of the rectangle itself. I am guessing you are using platformer movement. You might want to switch over to custom movement as you will have more control over functionality.
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:32 am

Hi
Spriter is great!
However, I recently tried to add an animation and I got this error

---------------------------
Construct 2 Check failure
Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Temporary project file missing on disk

Condition: FileExists(temp_path.c_str())
File: Projects\ProjectFile.cpp
Line: 32
Function: __cdecl ProjectFile::ProjectFile(class FileFolder &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &)
Build: release 165 (64-bit) checked
Component: Construct 2 IDE
(Last Win32 error: 2)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.
Abort Retry Ignore
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:43 am

akumaGouki wrote:Hi
Spriter is great!
However, I recently tried to add an animation and I got this error

Construct 2 Check failure
Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Temporary project file missing on disk

Condition: FileExists(temp_path.c_str())
File: Projects\ProjectFile.cpp
Line: 32
Function: __cdecl ProjectFile::ProjectFile(class FileFolder &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &)
Build: release 165 (64-bit) checked
Component: Construct 2 IDE
(Last Win32 error: 2)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.
Abort Retry Ignore

I resolved the problem
However, now I have another one
I can't see my animations, I uploaded the construct project and the spriter folder
Please, check it
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8bsly ... ations.rar
thanks in advance
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General