Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:44 pm

@lucid

Please clarify a doubt for me!

I build a spriter character which has some options for faces, arms, torso, etc and I made some animation in which I changed the body parts, selecting it and right mouse click the other option in object menu, but when I put it in C2 it only go with the basic body parts! It is a missing feature on C2 plugin or maybe I am doing something wrong?

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:58 pm

Yes. I think your missing the prior posts Lucid has mentioned that Ashley needs to update C2 for the plugin to fully work.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:36 am

@jayderyu

In fact I know about the "missing features", but I have an old spriter file in which I do some objects changing and it works in C2, like you can see in the image below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxEUd7YySRoxc3NpRW8tNGdmLVU/edit?usp=sharing

But I do not know what I am doing wrong now!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:54 am

NRABrazil wrote:@lucid, I build a spriter character which has some options for faces, arms, torso, etc and I made some animation in which I changed the body parts, selecting it and right mouse click the other option in object menu, but when I put it in C2 it only go with the basic body parts! It is a missing feature on C2 plugin or maybe I am doing something wrong?
jayderyu wrote:Yes. I think your missing the prior posts Lucid has mentioned that Ashley needs to update C2 for the plugin to fully work.

@NRABrazil, if you mean that Character Maps aren't working, then @jayderyu is correct. If you just mean just regular image switching in an animation, then it should be working normally. Make sure that both the scml and scon files were saved with the C2 options on upon import. If it's still not working after this, the best way for me to troubleshoot is if you can send me your Spriter project folder (scml/scon and images) in a zip, and I'll take a look.

EDIT:
I have an old spriter file

If the file was saved with a much older version of Spriter, please try to resaving and reimporting the file.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi @lucid

I sent you a PM with my data.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:00 pm

NRABrazil wrote:Hi @lucid

I sent you a PM with my data.

It's not showing up in my PMs - at least not yet.
You can also send it to lucid@brashmonkey.com
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:07 pm

@NRABrazil
The latest version of the plugin and importer require the files to be saved with two save options set in Spriter. This setting will be saved, so you only have to set it once. If you resave both files and import into C2, it will work as expected. This also makes it so C2 gives the sprites a more useful initial position:
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:47 pm

@lucid

Yeah I know that but I think I forget to do it after upgraded to b7! So now I do it and test again and it is working fine, but another think that confuse me is the fact than the body parts options are inside the "default" body part sprite element as "animation frames", and so they are not visible in C2 project panel. The old file I mentioned is diferent, it has a "sprite element" for each body part option, I think than when I build it I do in a diferent way.

Thanks again for the quick help!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:44 pm

NRABrazil wrote:The old file I mentioned is diferent, it has a "sprite element" for each body part option

That means in the old file you were probably using a separate sprite object on each frame in Spriter, instead of switching images on one sprite. The way you're doing it now is the right way for most cases, since you want your sprite to be able to tween in Spriter, and in C2, you can use one set of events for the head, rather than separate events for each animation frame.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:54 pm

@lucid

Taking the opportunity what is the better way to update a .scml file in C2, after changed it in Spriter?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General