New beta release of Spriter today contains bug fixes that are important to making sure the pro features are working correctly in C2.
If you're having any issues with sound, collision boxes, or character maps, please make sure you have the latest beta version of Spriter (you can manually check through Edit|Settings if you don't have automatic update checks set up) and the latest version of the plugin.plugin changelog 5/24/14
- Fixed bug that caused blending between animations to sometimes stop blending early.
- Improved handling of changing to another animation blend before the current one has finished.
- Improved animation blend handling of image switching by switching to the new animations' images once a blend has reached the halfway mark, resulting in smoother, more natural looking blends.
- Fixed a bug in the scaling of collision boxes in the plugin.
- Fixed a bug that caused certain character maps to be ignored.
- Fixed a bug that caused sounds to be triggered every tick when an animation was paused.
You can see the new animation blending in action in the transitional and second animation blend capx's below.
PSI wrote:@lucid - some of my animations play at varying speeds and I don't know why, would you like to see my capx?
@PSI, if you sent the capx, I never got it.
dmurphy wrote:I just looked at a view videos of this program and I have to just say.... wow. I bought it almost instantly. How the hell are you guys not charging more than 25 dollars!
@dmurphy, thank you very much!
josiascaignard wrote:Thas started happening since I updated the spriter plugin.
Please help me, I'm stuck here because I can't do a thing.
@josiascaignard, as @Roccinio said, this probably has to do with needing to update Spriter and/or resave with the new save option
Sound Changing capx
winsonzhong wrote:How can I change sound (footstep) while walking on different areas ?
@winsonzhong, to do this, I just made a grounddetector collision box in Spriter for the walk animation, as well as adding the default walking sound effect which was named step.wav
If you look in the capx, you can see I used a family for the ground types and a private variable to control changing the sound to alternate versions. Please let me know if you have any questions about the capx:
Transitional Animation Blend capx
and it's hard to understand setting the blend mood , can make an capx for example?
If you just want your animations to blend into eachother, you just have to choose a blend type for the animation start parameter of Set Animation, and the amount of time you want the blend to take:Manual Animation Blend capx
You can also manually control a blend between two animations, by setting a 'second animation' and then changing the blend ratio. There is also an action to end the 'second animation' style blend: