Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:14 am

plugin changelog 6/4/14
  • Fixed a bug where setting the animation every tick to the current time ratio would cause the animation to pause while the Set Animation actions were active.
  • By popular demand - added 'version.txt' file which contains plugin version release date.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:34 pm

i am trying to disable collisions for some or for all png's that are included on each scml instance with no success.
Even if i say "pick arm UID 100------ arm set collisions disabled " in the debugger the collision is still activated.
is this a "bug" or i am doing something wrong?
with the exception of my main character that i need some body parts collisions , i have made all the rest in game collisions to interact with the "dummy" background box of the scml characters.
The scml animations are just eye candy so there is no need for me to have the png's collisions enabled but i cant seem to find a way to disable them.
any suggestions?
p.s i have tried with family's,on created,on initialized etc nothing seems to work.
Now i have the object overhead with every instance AND collisions enabled for all those extra objects! :lol:
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi @Roccinio, I don't think C2 uses resources detecting collisions unless you are checking for collisions against those objects. The reason this is happening is because as the plugin animates it sets the collision and visibility status for each sprite depending on whether the sprite should be present on that frame. I can add a disable all collisions action, but as I said, I don't think it's necessary as there shouldn't be any overhead unless you are indeed trying to detect collisions.

plugin changelog 6/5/14
  • Made scml object visible in the layout editor as a blue and violet square. The number within the square tells you what the initial scale will be.

Everyone let me know if you like the scale indicator in the square, or if it's distracting and/or confusing.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:42 am

@lucid - has the blend mode been implemented in C2 yet? When I use it, it flips some of my ability animations and causes other strange glitches. Thanks, Morgan.
B
S

Post » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:55 am

Also, I put some sound files in one of my animations and after I updated in C2, the game layout automatically crashes when I try to load it.
B
S

Post » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:54 am

Here's the notification I got:

B
S

Post » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:54 am

I'm using the latest version of the plugin and the latest version of C2.
B
S

Post » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:45 pm

Sorry for saying that, I'm completely confused on how to import the project correctly into C2 and how to export the animatioin from Spriter - .scon .scml, extra save options, etc. Everything looks so messed up and unintuitive. No animations are playing in C2 just confused by this software. I think you should improve the usability of the whole workflow. Also if you used to work with any popular animation system like flash or after affects, the way spriter works is also confusing. Don't take it personal, just my humble feedback. I would rather leave it for a current project and animate with the possibilities I have in C2. Just look at C2 it is so intuitive I could understand the way it works just from scratch, without any manuals or tutorials, that's why I sticked to C2
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:54 pm

xoros wrote:Sorry for saying that, I'm completely confused on how to import the project correctly into C2 and how to export the animatioin from Spriter - .scon .scml, extra save options, etc. Everything looks so messed up and unintuitive. No animations are playing in C2 just confused by this software. I think you should improve the usability of the whole workflow. Also if you used to work with any popular animation system like flash or after affects, the way spriter works is also confusing. Don't take it personal, just my humble feedback. I would rather leave it for a current project and animate with the possibilities I have in C2. Just look at C2 it is so intuitive I could understand the way it works just from scratch, without any manuals or tutorials, that's why I sticked to C2

@xoros - The basic steps are pretty simple:

• Set the save options in Spriter (You only have to do this once. The settings will be saved for future projects)
  • Save both an scml and a scon file
  • Drag either file into the layout in C2
  • Preview the layout

The plan is eventually to eliminate the need for 2 files, but for now all you have to do is have both.

Here's a tutorial on how to use Spriter and one for the plugin.

PSI wrote:@lucid - has the blend mode been implemented in C2 yet? When I use it, it flips some of my ability animations and causes other strange glitches. Thanks, Morgan.

PSI wrote:Also, I put some sound files in one of my animations and after I updated in C2, the game layout automatically crashes when I try to load it.

Please send a capx
Last edited by lucid on Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:09 pm

plugin changelog 6/6/14
  • Fixed an issue where immediately after a Set Animation action, the updated positions of all sprites wouldn't be available in expressions until the following tick.
  • Fixed a bug where if you changed the Character Map of a character while an animation was paused, the changes wouldn't take effect until the character was moved or the animation resumed.
  • Changed the edittime display of the plugin to a filled rectangle.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General