Sprites and Loading External Images

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
500 monsters and creatures images for card games - Set 1
  • So, I just found out that different copies of the same sprite object cannot load up different images. Since this is crucial to my game, is it possible for someone to make a plugin that can do this?

Thanks

• Use a different frame perhaps?

• How can I do that? I need to load external PNGs. How do I load one to a specific frame?

• The current frame of the animation is the one where the animation is loaded to. So if you set the animation frame before loading the image, you can load multiple images into one object. However, this requires you to have as many blank frames as necessary to load up all of your images.

My game makes heavy use of this method, so I might take a crack at making a plugin to simplify it.

• Thanks for the information! I didn't know that. I might be able to make that work, but a plugin would be great! Because I don't really have the ability to say HOW many pictures there are going to be.

But again, thanks for the information.

• For the devs on this note. Is it possible to add frames at runtime through the SDK. So if I wanted to mod the sprite object to do this is it possible?

• If you do, are you going to add a way to import frame rates? Oh heck if your gonna do that you might as well come up with a file type that you can store all the images in. Ok probably not, but um yeah, it would be a nice addition.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • im not sure If I can make my own file type but ill set up my big rig tomorrow and see what I can get done on it Im snowed in ATM and a plugin like this would REALLY allow construct to become more of a multiple person project tool. It would almost allow for an integration of an art pipeline. however it would make it require an installer. Its likely that the first integration of this modified plugin would allow only for loading of individual files.

• im not sure If I can make my own file type but ill set up my big rig tomorrow and see what I can get done on it Im snowed in ATM and a plugin like this would REALLY allow construct to become more of a multiple person project tool. It would almost allow for an integration of an art pipeline. however it would make it require an installer. Its likely that the first integration of this modified plugin would allow only for loading of individual files.

Bah, no fair, we've barely any snow here

I'd agree an installer and a way to properly use external files in general would be nice to have, and very handy for, as you say, multiuser development, or if you want to update things at a later date or offer patches but don't want a user downloading a huge executable each time. And to have them in some kind of package file, even if it's just the regular zip, like many other games often do now. But from what I've seen when it's been requested, it's probably a ways off if it's going to happen.

• But from what I've seen when it's been requested, it's probably a ways off if it's going to happen.

Its an open source project. The sprite plugin is on the SVN. If its possible I could just down load it and program the feature my self.

• The current frame of the animation is the one where the animation is loaded to. So if you set the animation frame before loading the image, you can load multiple images into one object. However, this requires you to have as many blank frames as necessary to load up all of your images.

My game makes heavy use of this method, so I might take a crack at making a plugin to simplify it.

If it's not too much trouble, could you make an example of this? It's not quite meshing together for me.

Thanks.

• Here ya go:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/666516/frames.zip

Its actually pretty simple ehh?

Edit: updated to download external images from a url!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/666516/framesurl.zip

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)