Sprites on some y-direction spots not responding to events

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Character Sprite Pack: Walk 4 Directions made in illustrator
  • Problem Description

I am using multiple instances of a square sprite to create a floor that can be destroyed. The events related to this sprite work for me everywhere except for all grid squares at multiples of the window height. In the following Capx, the window height is set to 480. the sprites at 448 down the Y-axis behave as expected but the sprites at 480 do not. The same is true for sprites at 928 and 960, respectively.

When the window height is increased to include the full layout, the bug goes away. I looked for documentation to see if this was expected behavior but I could not find anything suggesting that it is.

Attach a Capx

dropbox.com/s/d86x1s0bc9rsakf/Bug%20Test%20File.capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

A simple player sprite standing on several land sprites. These land sprites have a "hits" instance variable. A text box displays how many hits remain for a given block that the player is touching. The player sprite can "bounce" on land sprites by holding down the down arrow. This will reduce the hits variable and eventually destroy the land sprite when hits < 1.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Press and hold the down arrow to destroy the first land sprite that the player sprite is standing on.
    • Continue holding the down arrow after the first sprite is destroyed to see that the second land sprite does not get destroyed. The hits counter does not change to reflect the new sprite's hit count either.

Observed Result

Land sprites that exist on a multiple of the window height (480, 960, etc) will not follow applicable events but any and all other blocks will follow the proper events.

Expected Result

All land sprites should follow the rules of the events.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • FireFox: YES
    • Internet Explorer: YES

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 Home

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2, Release 255

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks, should be fixed in the next release.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)