Squirrel nuts

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:22 am

Just a game I have been working on for a very long time....Its all about collecting nuts within the certain amount of time.....collect the nuts, return them to your Home tree...enjoy..

if you guys and gals have any game play suggestions or level design or enemy suggestions im all ears....

im trying to build gameplay with the concept of the player getting heavy and hard to move.

http://gamejolt.com/games/platformer/sq ... uts/18498/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:25 pm

Cute and fun game :) Good for my procrastinating ways, haha

I did however get stuck in the air slowly moving left after getting out of a struggle with a bird (just so you know)

Keep up the great work!
:-)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:42 pm

yea, i get that too, i am not sure why it does that.argg, im still learning, thanks for playing it, glad you enjoyed it. I have like 6 more levels to go..
B
S

Post » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:43 pm

also if you have any suggestions, im all ears as far as what would be cool to do.
B
S

Post » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:13 pm

Oh and collecting too many nuts makes you literally stop hehe.

A suggestion on that is maybe a button to drop nuts if necessary.
Another suggestion is powerups to maybe mix up gameplay, speed boosts, temporary invulnerability, higher jump e.t.c.
Another could be a upgrade system using the nuts so you can buy upgrades to stats such as health, speed and speed when encumbered.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:31 pm

thats a good suggestion about the dropping off the nuts....i thought about that before. I might put that in there to see what it would be like...

check out the latest level..

also as far as power ups. ill try to think of something.. I had an old coworker say that i should have a bee hive with extra hearts in it, well atleast be able to re gain a heart I should say, once you bust it open..

play this, its the latest..level 04
B
S

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 11:25 am

Tried fourth level but it had some problems...

Some of the nut bags were floating in the air not hanging from anything.
The character poking out from the floating logs didn't line up with the log correctly.
The walking characters sometimes walk off the edge of platforms and are floating.

Some nice ideas in there though :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 11:18 pm

thanks for playing, yea i got to fix all those....just not sure how to fix the beaver...i have it pinned to an object that has a strong sine wave to it....
B
S

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 11:20 pm

yea the beaver is suppose to look like it comes out of the whole with his flash light on his head, looks around and when you kill him , the flash light stays and goes into the whole and gives you a light to measure with as you bust the hire bags of nuts..
B
S

Post » Sun May 04, 2014 6:10 am

more and more done......see if you can beat my score of 20 nuts returned....its tough
B
S

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests