SSBM style controls

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Mon May 31, 2010 2:13 am

I'm finally back to being able do some work in construct again and dusted off my platform game idea.
I decided to copy the control scheme from Smash Bros Melee. So far it's going pretty well, but I've hit a snag.

Like in Melee, the player can roll forward or backward by pressing right/left while guarding. If I remember correctly you can't roll of a ledge in Melee, and have been trying to recreate that. And it works, trouble is you can't move at all afterwards and I can't seem to find the reason for it since, as far as I can see my start/stop ignore input events should be placed correctly.

If you can find what's wrong I'd appreciate it.

Shift - Guard
Z - Jump
Arrows - Move

The text in the upper part of the screen has no purpose right now. It's part of an earlier, less efficient, way of doing things.

Edit: Btw, is there a way to check an objects animation angle? It doesn't seem to be possible, but if there's some roundabout way to do it I'd like to now before I submit a feature request to the tracker.

Post » Mon May 31, 2010 8:59 am

Hello, figured this was as good a time as any to stop lurking and log in. When you're character rolls into a cliff, your variable 'dashdodgeright' is not set back to zero, only the rolling group is disabled. Run the game in debug mode to see what I mean. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic