Stag Animation

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Been a long while since I updated about my game publicly. I've been getting loads of help from Tulamide though. That guy is an absolute genius. I would love some feedback on this red deer animation though:

I know it plays too fast - Photoshop doesn't seem flexible enough for this. But it's basically two animations put into one GIF: A running/charging animation, and an attacking/rearing animation. I also have a third animation completed of the stag grazing and looking up when the player is nearby (the player is a wolf).

Now... thing is... I'm getting really stretched for time. I honestly wanted a demo complete by now, and I'm still a ways off. These animations are all first attempts, whereas my wolf's running animation took me five attempts to get to a quality I was happy enough with (and I still want to tinker more with that one - you can see it in this thread: http://www.scirra.com/forum/wolf-animation_topic48201.html?KW=

So although there's definitely some errors with these animations (asides from the playback speed) do you think it's of passable quality? If there's anything that stands out as really problematic then I will certainly need to address it.

Thanks for reading
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:28 pm

It's weird how it doesn't change height at all as it runs.
The body is still and the back as well.

Otherwise, very good animation you have there!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Yep, good catch! I'll see how much of that I can hide with hotspot placement when I move it in-game. It's stupid things like this that I don't notice when I've spent hours staring at it :P
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:23 am

I understand what you mean, sometimes you just stare at something you work on from the beggining and you stop noticing certain details. It's always good to get a second opinion! :)
B
S
G

Return to Your Creations