Standalone Mac/Linux/Whatever exporter

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Hey-o... was just wondering if a standalone (i.e., not tied to the GUI) exporter for Construct 2 is a possibility in the future, if you've thought about it, and if not...

... THINK ABOUT IT! :mrgreen:

... kbye. :?

[edit] Oh, and I would like to clarify that the exporter would be for exporting to the target platform natively... for the purpose of, say, taking advantage of OpenGL (or any other graphical system).

[edit2] ... kbye. :?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:58 pm

I'm stupid, so I can't answer =[
I think it's a good idea, though
B
G

Post » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:45 pm

I believe the plan is to allow the creation of exporters to any platform.

From the [url]FAQ[/url]:
[quote:3ityeret]Q: What are these exporters I'm hearing about?
A: Exporters compile projects into various formats for use on different platforms. This time they are modular and can be made by anyone, just like a plugin.

Q: Why is HTML5 the main exporter?
A: The HTML5 exporter is being made first mainly because it is multiplatform. Having immediate multiplatform support is meant to attract as many users to C2 as early as possible.

Q: Will there be an EXE exporter?
A: Yes, eventually. Either the Scirra devs will make one, or a third-party will make one. With the modular exporter system, it could be both. By the time C2 can be used for much, there will probably be an EXE exporter.
[/quote:3ityeret]
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Do you mean an exporter that exports a .capx file to the given platform without launching the Construct 2 editor?

What would be the point of that?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:14 am

[quote="Ashley":32qww5zy]Do you mean an exporter that exports a .capx file to the given platform without launching the Construct 2 editor?

What would be the point of that?[/quote:32qww5zy]
No, I mean executable binary files. :)

[edit]R0J0hound: I think that answers my question.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General