Star Nomad 2 on Steam, iOS & Android!

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:49 pm

Voted, added to my collection of C2 Games on Greenlight and posted an announcement

And if you need more visitors at some point join a bundle. Your game is great and with the votes from the bundle owners you'll get greenlit in notime :D

Agreed, this will definitely help get you votes.

Good luck with Greenlight.
Vote for all the Construct 2 games on Steam Greenlight - Find them here
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:06 pm

@Silverforce

Good luck on the Greenlight! You deserve it with all the hard work you've put in. Don't worry, you're going to get through Greenlight, even if it takes longer than you plan for. Courier got through just fine. And it can be a downer reading about other games not doing well on Steam, remember that your game is likely completely different from theirs (I assume you're talking about Daniel West's article). There, fortunately/unfortunately, is not a good comparison game to be made in the game industry. As much as people try to tell you stuff, every game is its own case. There are certainly things that help, but each game has its own unique production and sales story. Push through with the game you believe in and try to get as many others as possible to believe with you--that seems to be the only thing that is constant in game production. That said, your game is already looking pretty polished, so I'm sure you'll do well.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:46 pm

Anonnymitet wrote:What are you doing wrong? I don't really get the numbers in the article. My game was launched on greenlight without any kind of marketing. Heck I didn't even share it on my social networks and I got more visitors and yes votes than they got with the help of the Dare to be digital expo the first days.

So I don't know if they tracked their traffic or just guessed it came from the expo :P Because a new greenlight projects always gets a lot of traffic as long as it is on the first page and has a fun animated icon ;)

And if you need more visitors at some point join a bundle. Your game is great and with the votes from the bundle owners you'll get greenlit in notime :D

Good luck!

Most of these guides are always the same, its ALL about marketing.

Well for starter I don't have a social media group or used it to generate a following. I used it more as a news, when greenlight starts. I don't attend any expos because I prefer to work on my game. I've spent nothing on marketing because I think that a good game can market itself. Also my Greenlight page is pretty bland..
Last edited by Silverforce on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:55 pm

Duplicated post.
Last edited by byondisoft on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:55 pm

Hmm... I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing by reading that article. And having a lot of C2 games rejected is expected from my point of view. When you have an engine that is powerful and easy to use by anyone as C2 you'll have a lot of stinkers (no offense to anyone please). Your game looks absolutely great. Indie game dev is not an easy job these days unfortunately.
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:56 pm

@OddConfection
Thank you very much!

I had a bad exp with bundles for Star Nomad, IndieRoyale included it in their Greenlight bundle without informing me, a week AFTER it passed Greenlight by itself. It was selling on Desura for a few months before that and IndieRoyale is a part of Desura. Long story short, they went bankrupt and owe me a lot of $$. Not only did they gave away thousands of keys for peanuts with their bundle when I didn't need it or even knew about it, they ran away with every indie dev's $$ who sold their games on Desura...

No more bundle shenanigans this time.

@C-7
The Next Penelope also did not do well according to Aurel, he had hope it would do much better. Honestly I thought that game if any, would be a success. It's amazing in production, looks fantastic, plays very well.

If there's anything one can gather from player feedback (which I've read a lot lately), they definitely prefer indie games that have a lot of replayability. I think its understandable, because big AAA titles can get away with fancy graphics, for indies, we have to focus on gameplay and part of that is replayability, it increases the perceived value of our game a lot. So while an indie game can be brilliant, but if there's low replayability (for a shorter game), its unlikely to do well on Steam. Mobiles is a different matter, there its more about consumable entertainment, so being good is good enough.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:19 am

byondisoft wrote:Hmm... I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing by reading that article. And having a lot of C2 games rejected is expected from my point of view. When you have an engine that is powerful and easy to use by anyone as C2 you'll have a lot of stinkers (no offense to anyone please). Your game looks absolutely great. Indie game dev is not an easy job these days unfortunately.

Oh it's not the rejection of many that is depressing, it's the floundering of the few that are in all respects, great games of their genre.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:19 am

Voted! It looks really good - good luck with this!!
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:21 am

Colludium wrote:Voted! It looks really good - good luck with this!!

Thanks. Good luck with Umbra too!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:41 am

Indeed. We must persevere to be successful. As an indie dev myself and having some friends who are trying their best to promote their game I feel that one has to be very determined or must have a lot of passion and I can see that in your trailer and posts. Sorry if comments sounded too harsh.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations