Star Nomad 2 on Steam, iOS & Android!

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:18 pm

Silverforce wrote:One month into the Greenlight, getting to the top 100 is extremely difficult without major marketing (pay marketing companies to help, or joining a bundle giving away keys for 5 cents). Some other devs even do shady crap like bribing for votes, giving away gifts/keys etc on Steamgifts/trades.

Looking at the stats for other titles on Greenlight, even really good games that don't have marketing to drive visits to the page struggle.

This site: http://iygamestudio.com/greendb/greenlight/

Tracks all the titles on Greenlight, it's accurate.

It seems the natural traffic from Greenlight itself is falling over time, now the first few days, natural viewers seem to be around 1200. If you can secure 50% of them as yes votes, that's already quite good, due to people liking different genres. But besides that, if you want more visits to your page, you have to direct them there somehow.

Good learning experience so far.

I have to disagrea. If you have good game and you don't just sit and wait - Greenlight is only a matter of time. My failed Antumbra 2 got greenlit 2 weeks after I stoped really caring. Two things matters - traffic and type of traffic. Most games gets Greenlit in between 2 to 6 weeks. If its been over 6weeks already - THEN I would start worring.

I don't know what are your current GL stats Silver but from what I see you are doing rather good for now. You have a solid stream of comments, good niche, you are active and you havea quality product. To me you are doing just fine.

If you would run into some trouble - track me down on facebook or something. I might be able to help if you will actually need it.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:02 am

@irbis
If your Antumbra 2 passed, why do you say it failed? :)

I'm on 50% yes ratio, but not enough unique visits compared to other games for the time-frame.

This recent bunch, around 70 games were lit. It seems games that make it to the top 200 or 300 have a chance of been greenlit, not just the top 50 or 100. So that's something good I guess!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:07 am

Silverforce wrote:@irbis
If your Antumbra 2 passed, why do you say it failed? :)

I'm on 50% yes ratio, but not enough unique visits compared to other games for the time-frame.

This recent bunch, around 70 games were lit. It seems games that make it to the top 200 or 300 have a chance of been greenlit, not just the top 50 or 100. So that's something good I guess!

Because it passed way to late. After my IndieGoGo camp ended.

Ratio is damn good then. Actually a game gets auto-greenlit the moment it crosses aroud 6000-7000 Yes Votes. Votes for now doesn't matter at all. IF there is 6000+ people willingto spend their money on your game - Valve will take you in.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:55 pm

Six weeks, it just passed Greenlight this morning!

There's a ton of competition these days with so many games and a lot of marketing behind them. I'm glad to see it's still possible for the small guy with no marketing budget or major coverage to pass on the merits of the game alone.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:04 pm

Good news ;)
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:06 am

This is excellent - congratulations!!
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:24 am

gratz! :D Told ya its only a matter of time.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:02 am

Silverforce wrote:Six weeks, it just passed Greenlight this morning!

There's a ton of competition these days with so many games and a lot of marketing behind them. I'm glad to see it's still possible for the small guy with no marketing budget or major coverage to pass on the merits of the game alone.

Congratulations! That should happen more often :) We need more games that run the race with quality, not just money.
Have a happy day!
- Markus Lappalainen, Composer & Audio Engineer
Open for commissions!

For Hire Thread | LinkedIn | SoundCloud
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:17 am

Great work! Six weeks seems to be the greenlight magic number for good games without marketing support :D Good luck with the development
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:27 am

@MadSpy
@Colludium
@irbis
@taistelusopuli
@Anonnymitet

Thanks you guys, I was worried the swarm of big marketed Greenlight games would overwhelm Valve and the smaller guy will be left behind but it does not seem to be the case, yet.

I followed a bunch of other titles that had a small team who didn't get any press coverage, and their games got Greenlit after ~6 weeks as well.

Good motivation for me and you all for our next projects! :)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations