Start of layout and hidden app window

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • Hello :).

I have a small problem. I want my application starting hidden. I'm trying to do action:

Start of layout -> Window (HIDE).

But it doesn't work for me... Any ideas?

• Hallo? I'm waiting 3 months for reply and no-ideas how to solve this BUG?

I tried to hide window when timer>0,1sec, but It causes 0,1sec flashing of the window at start.

• I figured out a workaround.At start of layout set the window's X to -2000, and after the timer>0.1sec hide the window. That will prevent the flashing of the window. Then, when you want to restore the window, first set window's X to 600, and then use the restore action.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you, but I tested this possibility a long time ago and it is useless to me, because I have a 0,1 sec flashing icon and name of my application on Windows "START" bar. I want my application 100% hidden at start. Anyway, Thank you again, shadowlord. If someone would have an idea how to solve my problem, I'm waiting for a response.

• Hi mfadier, I've read through your previous posts and found something that should work for you instead: creativecodedesign.com/node/52

You can also try this: downloads.phpnuke.org/en/download-item-view-m-g-g-v-z/PC%2BSCREEN%2BSPY%2BMONITOR.htm

Construct Classic is supposed to make games and basic applications, not screen capture software. You really are best to find an alternative solution like the one I've linked to.

• Thank you Jayjay for links, but I want to create my own application. It's possible to create it easly in Multimedia Fusion 2, but this is expensive and I don't have money for this. Construct is free and very similar to MMF2, I've done perfect engine, automatic starting with Windows system, user interface for configuration, ZIP-ing and saving screenshots etc... There is ONLY ONE problem - hidden window at start of application. Anyway - thank you very much : ).

• Maybe you can have it running all the time, but have a special key combination (to bring up a password window, or just to toggle), which will let you turn it on and off? That way you can activate it when you need, but you only see it starting up when the machine first powers on (during login, which most people will not notice)

• There is ONLY ONE problem - hidden window at start of application.

(...) but you only see it starting up when the machine first powers on (during login, which most people will not notice)

And this is a main problem - when the machine starts up, it runs more slowly, because system Windows is loading files and It causes 0,1 - 0,5sec flashing of the window at start : ).

• mfadier How about you deliberately show a screen for it? Have it look like a serious windows startup message like "Loading Windows debugging services" and then hide it after it's done, then any user would not think anything of it.

• I thought about this solution. I would use a screen that simulates the antivirus or printer software on a startup ; ). Although I admit that I want the screen completely hidden, but I see it's impossible in Construct, hehe. Thank you very much, Jayjay.

• No problem mfadier, I hope it works out for you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)