startup errors caused by objects that exist

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:22 pm

1. You only have the ability to edit your posts for a few minutes, so be careful what you post.

2. I am not able to recreate your crash. I did exactly what you described... I created a sprite, gave it physics behavior, gave it a custom collision mask (a right triangle), and rotated the sprite beyond 45 degrees. It runs fine.

This means there is something else wrong with your .cap. You should send your .cap to Ashley so he can have a look at it. Otherwise it won't get fixed.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:40 pm

[quote="deadeye":miiapacm]1. You only have the ability to edit your posts for a few minutes, so be careful what you post.

2. I am not able to recreate your crash. I did exactly what you described... I created a sprite, gave it physics behavior, gave it a custom collision mask (a right triangle), and rotated the sprite beyond 45 degrees. It runs fine.

This means there is something else wrong with your .cap. You should send your .cap to Ashley so he can have a look at it. Otherwise it won't get fixed.[/quote:miiapacm]

The strange thing is, you're exactly right. I tried it again in a new cap and it worked. I went back to the file I saved where I had deleted the offending objects and tried it again, and it's even working THERE now. I honestly don't know what happened, but I hope whatever it could be can be caught.
B
G

Post » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:13 pm

This is why you should give your cap to Ashley, Cheez. :P So stop being a sissy Mary or I'll yell at you on IRC more.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic