Startup Errors

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
7 Errors
$15 USD
7 Errors is a game where you have to find the 7 mistakes before time runs out. Can you find all 7? Have fun looking.
  • Hello all,

I just installed Construct for the first time (v0.97.5) I'm very excited about digging in.

Here's my problem. On startup I get the following errors:

Error loading C:\Program Files\Scirra\Construct\Plugins\3DBox.csx (126) - this plugin may not be available!

and:

Error loading C:\Program Files\Scirra\Construct\Plugins\Template.csx (14001) - this plugin may not be available!

Afterward Construct starts up fine. Now I have no idea what these plugins are or what they do. I haven't started any game projects yet. I just want to experiment with it for now. Should I even worry at this point? Are these plugins essential or can I work around them?

• This errors occurs only in disabling these object. They are not vital for game creation (and the second one is only for experimenting) so don't worry.

• You won't use either of these in a 2D game, so you can continue to use Construct like normal. I'm going to release an update soon that should fix it...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Download 0.97.5 again now - it should fix this.

• Thanks Ashley,

I can't tell you how happy I am to have come across Construct. It's everything I've been looking for. I've been using Game Maker, but learning a proprietary scripting language (GML) really turned me off. I also had a real hard time dealing with Softwrap. For two weeks, I couldn't even use the product I paid for. When I found out about an open source drag and drop game creation tool that supported Python scripting my jaw literally dropped. Can this be real?

Thank you very much for bringing this to us. You can expect a donation from me in the near future.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)