Hmm the fix only opens Construct 2 for me and starts the open file dialog.
So I've created my own bugfix.
What you need:
http://www.autohotkey.com/ (free macro program)
After you've installed authotkey:
- rightclick in explorer -> new -> autohotkey script
- name it how you want, remember the file location (for me it is D:\Games\Steam\construct2.ahk)
- rightclick on the script, edit the script
paste the following below the default first lines:
IfWinNotExist, Construct 2
WinWait Construct 2,, 120
WinActivate Construct 2
WinWaitActive Construct 2
- save it
- open a text editor of your choice (like notepad)
pase the following
Note that D:\Games\Steam\construct2.ahk needs to be the location of your autohotkey script I told you to remember earlier.
-Save it as something like construct2.bat
- next time you want to open a .capx or .caproj, select "open with" and use the construct2.bat you've created.
What it does:
If Construct 2 is not open yet, it runs steam://rungameid/227980 (it is the command for steam to launch construct 2, you can find that out when you create a shortcut of the program on the desktop via steam). It waits at most 120 seconds for the Construct 2 to start.
After that it sets the Construct 2 window as active (in foreground), opens the "open file" dialog, pastes the file location into the field and confirms it. If it is not working as expected for you, try to adjust the sleep lenghts.
Hope it helps if someone wanted to do something like that for himself.
If you want icons for your .capx-files in the explorer, look up Bat To Exe Converter and convert/compile the .bat into an .exe-file and set the icon file to one of those in the Construct 2 directory.