Steam Controller

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Just order myself a Steam controller, looks pretty cool!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016KB ... ailpages00

Does anyone know if it's supported in the browser gamepad API?

• Some people claim that, as soon as you use Steam big picture mode, it would work.

I have not been able to get it to work though. The only thing that really did it for me are wired Xbox360 controllers and 100% compatibles.

Wireless ones or something that deviates a bit or is connected via a redirection software has not been working for me.

• I am working with a wireless xbox360 and a ps2 wired with an adapter, both works good.

• Unfortunately the steam controller doesn't really work with things outside of steam big picture mode. There are some workarounds to make it partially work and I am hoping that will change in the future because I love the controller. Outside of big picture mode you do still have mouse control so if its a mouse only style game you could use it.

• I am working with a wireless xbox360 and a ps2 wired with an adapter, both works good.

Did you do anything "special" to get them to run? Or did it just work out of the box?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • xbox 360 wired controller to pc worked out of the box for me just fine..

• Yes, but everything else doesn't And seems to have gotten it to run somehow.

• Yes I did, for the xbox, but I don't think it was C2 or browser related, my receiver was not functioning well with the latest driver and I read somewhere that reverting it to the older version from 2009 (official builtin in windows, no download required) fixes it and it did.

The ps2 controller works fine without any special requirements.

• Unfortunately the steam controller doesn't really work with things outside of steam big picture mode. There are some workarounds to make it partially work and I am hoping that will change in the future because I love the controller. Outside of big picture mode you do still have mouse control so if its a mouse only style game you could use it.

Really, do you mean I can't use even on native window games?

• Really, do you mean I can't use even on native window games?

More or less yea. There are some workarounds and hopefully some software updates in the future but you configure all the buttons within steam big picture mode so most games won't recognize the controller as a controller unless you launch them through steam big picture mode. I absolutely love the controller when I can use it though.

• For some reason it doesn't seem high on the list of things (Chrome's list)... I think there is more support in Canary for xbox/ps controllers. There will eventually be support for all major controllers.

http://www.gamepadjs.com/

• Well that's a shame, too bad they don't mention it anywhere on the product's page, should have done some more digging

So it arrived and it appears that it also functions as a keyboard and not just mouse, so I can move with the analog and use the buttons by mapping them to keyboard keys.

For most games that's enough, even more it's a little better because I also have control over the mouse and a builtin virtual keyboard, so I can pretty much do everything with one controlling device, the only downside I can think of is that you don't get to use the sensitivity of the analog, but that's a feature you don't always want or need to use.

• Thanks for the information

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)