Steam Names

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Wed May 29, 2013 1:27 pm

Wasn't sure where to post this..

What's everyones steam names? Whilst there is a community here in the forums there isn't much of a chat area..

I don't play games much at all but it would be nice to just have a chat with someone who is also using Construct.

Would be nice to get a group going or something
    • Steam: Sulli (picture of Aku from samurai jack if that helps)
    • Xbox Live: Sold it a few weeks ago
    • Facebook: Not sure if I want to give that out just yet

Anything else:
    Just ask

B
    S
    G

Post » Wed May 29, 2013 1:49 pm

You can also try the official #construct IRC room to have a chat (Thread about it)
    Link to a mibbit widget.
    New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
    B
    S
    G

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 6:41 am

If you didn't want to use the IRC for whatever reason, I would suggest Skype over Steam... You can get a couple of people in a chat as well as just remain on the contact list.

I don't remember my Steam username, I don't get on it much anymore really =\
    B
    S
    G

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 11:51 am

@Patriick it would be nice if a bunch of us did have a way to have a more consistent chat; messages are normally split apart by 5 hours through threads :P

Just a dream
    B
    S
    G

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 12:29 pm

[QUOTE=Sulli] @Patriick it would be nice if a bunch of us did have a way to have a more consistent chat; messages are normally split apart by 5 hours through threads :P

Just a dream [/QUOTE]

You could always try the IRC although when I have tried going there there isn't much going on, but that's probably just poor timing on my part. I do tend to work at the computer at odd hours =\

B
    S
    G

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 12:37 pm

@Patriick not just you-- went on straight after Kyatric suggested the idea and said Hello etc. but no reply after a while.. gave up
    B
    S
    G

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 10:33 pm

One of the issues I had with IRC was that, not anyone get notifications when a message is posted(I'm sure that didn't make a lot of sense, sorry)

So, unless you see the screen, you don't know what happen (you can get notified on some IRC client, but that is not activated by default), so, the "Instant messenger" isn't really instant.

I use skype, but since I use it in a "private way" (that sounded so much pervert, sorry about that), I don't really send it to that much people

And I don't like steam a lot. But It could be great if we found something convenient for most of all.
    Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
    B
    S
    G

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 10:39 pm

@Aphrodite I understand what you meant
    B
    S
    G

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 11:16 pm

Topic about skype users.

Have you considered using the search function of the forums ?

Also considering IRC, if you just come and go, yes you probably won't have a lot of discussion. Go in the room and idle there (either with the mibbit widget or an IRC client).
    Contrary to other instant messenger softwares, IRC clients are generally using few resources/bandwidth, so it's not a big deal to keep the software running in the background.Kyatric2013-05-30 23:18:08
    New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
    B
    S
    G

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 11:18 pm

Mmm I have but these are Dec-Feb and several of those members have been inactive for a while.

Plus I don't use skype, it sucks.
    B
    S
    G

Next

Return to Open Topic