Steam Personal License autorisation

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:34 am

Hello everybody! I bought construct personal via Steam.
So... can i:

1) Log in in thease forum via my Steam account and get the medal?
2) Can i give my license code to use my construct 2, whitout steam?
3) What + and - of using construct 2 via Steam?
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:22 am

[QUOTE=Anirender] Hello everybody! I bought construct personal via Steam.
So... can i:

2) Can i give my license code to use my construct 2, whitout steam?
[/QUOTE]

I don't think the 2/ is possible
https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152506

And that is why you shall respect the bug reports guidelines, not only giving a capx is making the bug reproductible in one click in a situation they can work with (less time wasted trying to reproduce vague instructions) but also it helps filtering false positives.

Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:00 am

2)Not give but Get =)
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:18 am

[QUOTE=Anirender] 2)Not give but Get =)[/QUOTE]
unfortunetelly, I still think the license from Scirra and the license from steam are independant somehow, so, you just can't use your steam license without steam.
https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152506

And that is why you shall respect the bug reports guidelines, not only giving a capx is making the bug reproductible in one click in a situation they can work with (less time wasted trying to reproduce vague instructions) but also it helps filtering false positives.

Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:42 pm

I'd point out that if you buy on Steam, your copy of Construct 2 is tied specifically to your Steam account and subject to Steam DRM (as is usual with anything else bought off Steam). If you buy directly from our site there is no DRM and you can use Construct 2 portably (e.g. on a USB stick), including in places where Steam cannot be installed.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?