Steam Version Vs Stand Alone?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:53 am

Hey all,

Going to buy a personal edition of Construct 2

Its cheaper for me to get it on steam, but I am just curious to if its updated as fast as the stand alone copy?

Thanks
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:27 am

Stand alone is better for workflow, steam sucks because it's annoying to open .capx are required to login steam.

I personally download updates because Scirra has good e-mail system to send every users to let know when new version is out.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:47 am

Hmmm yeah, even though theres a $12 difference between the steam and stand alone, i just remembered i cant log onto steam at work due to ports being blocked and the wifi being as stable as a wet donut.

Stand alone it is!
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:56 am

Stand Alone - I actually went and brought another license (different account on forums that's why no badge) so that I can use standalone. I had endless issues with steam version (nothing to do with construct2 but rather steams authentication system that caused periodic crashes amoungst a whole list of issues.

I still use my steam version to open example capx as steam version has all 3rd party plugins and that license is tied to this forum account. I will note it has improved since back then. But seriously, I would go standalone without a doubt, especially if the price difference is only $12.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:23 am

Steam is just for games...I ditched Gamemaker as I have it on steam...and moved to construct as stand alone
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:17 am

Yep, just bought the stand alone copy, woo!
B
S

Return to Construct 2 General