Steam Web API

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri May 30, 2014 2:41 am

I was going to PM you the string with the URL with my API key attached to the end of it but I cant send you a PM - let me know if you want me to email it if it's at all helpful..
Made Cosmochoria - www.cosmochoria.com
Currently working on Slayaway Camp - www.slayawaycamp.com
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 30, 2014 9:01 am

Their site says this:

Web API keys provide access to sensitive user data and protected methods. These keys are intended to be used for Web API requests that originate from secure publisher servers. The keys must be stored securely, and must not be distributed with a game client.

Emphasis theirs. This would appear to indicate that they require a publisher server, even if the web API could work otherwise.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 30, 2014 3:53 pm

how would that connection work then exactly? Construct 2 sends the api call to the server with an ID number for, say 'app developer + app'... secure server then makes the api call by referencing the Publisher API key securely based on the app developer and app id passed to it.

So in effect if i built a secured php application that actually submitted the api calls and released the source code for it.. would there be any motivation from Scirra to connect up to that? I suppose any plugin developer could help in that instance anyway because it would simply be an interface to generate the variables that then get sent to the secured php application, correct? by that point i may be able to write something myself, anyway.

Am i wrong that it doesnt need to be a 'secure publisher server' more than it just needs to be a 'place' (hosting package) secured by https that runs the api calls?

Let me know if this sounds at all realistic.. Im willing to put in the work to make this happen.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 30, 2014 6:56 pm

Totally forgot that the api would have to report back to construct 2 but could construct 2 just use the normal / unsecure api to pull out achievements etc. so nothing ever has to report back to construct 2 at least for simple achievement stuff (for DLC yea i guess there would have to be a way).

sucks, just wish this was more possible. just being so close but the fingertips just dont touch...
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 31, 2014 12:17 pm

Hopefully if you just sit tight then greenworks will work out eventually.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 31, 2014 4:00 pm

Thanks Ashley. :) I never was good at being patient. Perhaps this is a good life lesson for me. :) I appreciate your attention / comments on this thread.

respect,
nate
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General