Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:24 pm

Fantastic! I'll test it when it's available:) Thank you
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:24 am

I'm sorry,

I read that Steam Greenlight turned into Steam Direct. Is the plugin going to work with this new system?

To me this may be very important as I'm planning to choose C2 as technology to develop an indie game and send it to Steam as primary target platform.

Thanks in advance
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:35 pm

zorida wrote:I read that Steam Greenlight turned into Steam Direct. Is the plugin going to work with this new system?

Steam Greenlight and Steam Direct were/are just the ways to get your game approved to be made available on Steam, it has nothing to do with what you use to make the game.

What does relate to the plugin is the Steamworks SDK, which this plugin does work with from what I can see.

I myself will be releasing a C2 made game on Steam in the new year and will be purchasing this plugin soon so I can set up Achievements and the like.
Find all the Construct 2 games that were on Steam Greenlight here
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:37 pm

@OddConfection great, thank you very much for your help 8-)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:58 pm

I've never messed with Steam achievements/DLC in my games before, so this may be a silly question. Can achievements be used as a means to unlock DLC? If so, would that be something that can be done with this plugin, or would that be done through SteamWorks?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:15 am

Message: BadDoge can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Nice work! I want to know, are there any plans to integrate Steam Inventory Serivce (https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/inventory) (microtransactions) to the plugin.
Like grant items or items drop? It would be a very great feature!
Thank you.
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:49 pm

DarkRoomGames wrote:I've never messed with Steam achievements/DLC in my games before, so this may be a silly question. Can achievements be used as a means to unlock DLC? If so, would that be something that can be done with this plugin, or would that be done through SteamWorks?

@DarkRoomGames ,
For a free DLC, you can unlock additional content in your game if a special condition is true so yes you can do that via achievement even if steam stats are better to track player progress. (eg player own DLC_free_01 and achievement "UNLOCK_DLC_FREE_01" are true then allow content x).
But you can't disable the "buy" button on steam store for a DLC.

Regards,
Last edited by MadSpy on Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:49 pm

BadDoge wrote:Nice work! I want to know, are there any plans to integrate Steam Inventory Serivce (https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/inventory) (microtransactions) to the plugin.
Like grant items or items drop? It would be a very great feature!
Thank you.

@BadDoge , this feature is definitly in the TODO list ^^

Regards,
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:54 pm

MadSpy wrote:@DarkRoomGames ,
For a free DLC, you can unlock additional content in your game if a special condition is true so yes you can do that via achievement even if steam stats are better to track player progress. (eg player own DLC_free_01 and achievement "UNLOCK_DLC_FREE_01" are true then allow content x).
But you can't disable the "buy" button on steam store for a DLC.

Regards,

Thank you for the response! I'll definitely have to pick this up then.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:12 am

Hello,

I was wondering if this plugin is available for construct 3? And if not, if it is on the roadmap for the future?

Thanks!
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Scirra Store