Steve Jobs 1955 - 2011

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:25 pm

[QUOTE=Mipey] Don't worry, Steve just went to notify God of copyright infringement in regard to the apple.[/QUOTE]

LOL Brilliant!

Sorry to sound harsh, but the guy was not as big of a genius as he is being made out to be. Invented the "ipod"? No. Invented fancy ways to sell crappily supported (but well made) products to every single person alive? Yes.

This makes him a good salesman... not an inventor or a visionary.

Sorry Steveo, but you weren't as great as you'd hoped... but still made a big impact on the way things are today. Good luck, old chap.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Of course he innovated technology, with all of those applications he's made, "crappily made" or not, they are ideas. He even innovated the movie industry (Toy Story) But still, I can see why many people deny this stuff, because he was a jerk (An awesome one)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:49 pm

If you use a mouse and GUI, it was because of Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. They saved it from being trashed by Xerox who initially thought it was a bad idea. Apple made the mouse popular and revolutionized how music was distributed. The company certainly has a colorful history.

Steve and Apple's legion of zealous fans certainly helped change key aspects in how we work with information with our computing devices.

Personally for me, I find it admirable that he was able to take an injured, ailing company and nursed it back to health to an unimagined level with his vision. Remember, back in the late 90's Apple was considered pretty much dead and done. The irony is that he wasn't able to do it for himself.

...sip...

B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic