Still able to develop for OUYA without CocoonJS Export?

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:47 am

Are we still able to still develop OUYA without CocoonJS through Phonegap/Crosswalk?
B
29
S
6
G
2
Posts: 232
Reputation: 2,893

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:08 am

OUYA is android which is apk, so both will work, I would go with crosswalk, better performance.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
65
S
16
G
9
Posts: 1,429
Reputation: 12,708

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:10 pm

It's not that simple, need specific Ouya controller support, in-app purchases etc. Just because its android doesn't mean every basic android wrapper is going to be a solution.

-Mike
B
49
S
9
G
4
Posts: 425
Reputation: 7,037

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:28 pm

Brashmonkey wrote:It's not that simple, need specific Ouya controller support, in-app purchases etc. Just because its android doesn't mean every basic android wrapper is going to be a solution.

-Mike


I stand corrected.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
65
S
16
G
9
Posts: 1,429
Reputation: 12,708

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:12 am

I posted new documentation for an alternative way to publish on the OUYA.
https://github.com/ouya/docs/blob/master/construct_2.md

Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXf0Gp_i9ew
B
3
Posts: 7
Reputation: 189

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:26 pm

tgraupmann wrote:I posted new documentation for an alternative way to publish on the OUYA.
https://github.com/ouya/docs/blob/master/construct_2.md

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXf0Gp_i9ew


Thanks, this is going to come in handy. Do you happen to know if this works with devices that use the OUYA store as well? I believe it was called "OUYA Everywhere", where they allow other hardware partners use their catalog of games.

-Mike
Image
MIKE ASCHENBRENNER | RCMADIAX
Twitter/Instagram/Vine: @RCMADIAX
B
35
S
7
G
4
Posts: 186
Reputation: 4,574

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:59 pm

Nutzaboutpoker wrote:
tgraupmann wrote:I posted new documentation for an alternative way to publish on the OUYA.
https://github.com/ouya/docs/blob/master/construct_2.md

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXf0Gp_i9ew


Thanks, this is going to come in handy. Do you happen to know if this works with devices that use the OUYA store as well? I believe it was called "OUYA Everywhere", where they allow other hardware partners use their catalog of games.

-Mike


Right now this will work on the OUYA and the MadCatz Mojo.
B
3
Posts: 7
Reputation: 189


Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests